cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foliage Season in New England

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Just a suggestion that you check with the various states up here in NE before you decide to come up for the foliage. All have COVID restrictions of one sort or another. Also don't be surprised if the colors aren't up to their normal brilliance-the drought up this way is causing some dulling of colors. However, we are now getting nights that are at freezing or below which may help.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
6 REPLIES 6

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
I am believing that Geo*Boy is a Russian bot. How about fleshing out your profile a bit. Ain't nobody here gonna come and hunt you down!

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
Itโ€™s hard to believe that people canโ€™t find fall colors in the state in which they reside. Why one must travel to see colored leaves in the Covid era is puzzling and selfish to me.

Come down to FL and show me where to find them LOL
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Had a month long (September) trip planned for your area. Had to cancel all spots due to Covid, with the restrictions in place. I am happy to see the NE trying to take care of their folks. In MO its like the wild wild west.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

dedmiston
Geo*Boy wrote:
Itโ€™s hard to believe that people canโ€™t find fall colors in the state in which they reside. Why one must travel to see colored leaves in the Covid era is puzzling and selfish to me.

My region has many things to offer, but fall colors isn't one of them. We have to travel someplace to peep the leaves.

Last year we were in Michigan and Ontario for the fall colors and they didn't disappoint.

But yes, it's probably safe to say that the southern third of the nation needs to head north to see any fall foliage. It's not selfish. It's just geography.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:

New England is renowned for it's leaves, that's all. Not all states have a real color change, either. We need the tourist dollars but not illness!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II