cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda eco throttle switch

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone familiar with how the eco throttle off switch works.

Background, not mine but one I use at events. Runs some timing equipment that includes a laser printer and a couple computers. One of the computers (kiosk) is a regular all in one with no battery like a laptop. So when I print something the laser printer spikes the power demand and before the generator can kick up the kiosk powers down from the power interruption. In the past I would simply turn off the eco throttle before printing, problem solved.

This weekend the switch would not work. It will go to high (non eco) when the invertor commands it but you cannot manually turn it off via the switch. I found a wiring schematic and the switch goes directly to the invertor. So short of a broken wire any ideas to repair?

I might just pick up a cheap UPC backup for the kiosk. Probably cheaper than a trip for maintenance on the generator.
2 REPLIES 2

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
road-runner wrote:
I believe you have stated that throttle control works correctly except for the eco switch not raising the engine idle speed, suggesting that there's nothing wrong with the throttle motor or carb. With the inverter module being potted, any repair would be close to impossible. Certainly infeasible. I'd expect that the eco switch merely connects to pins on the computer chip inside the inverter module, as opposed to leading to some discrete component that could be replaced if it weren't for the potting. The good news is that it's high probability that the problem is in the switch, wiring, or a connector.

That is correct. The wiring diagram shows both leads connecting directly to the inverter. I did not pop off the switch to check it. After a 15 hour day I was ready to just get on the road to get home.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
I believe you have stated that throttle control works correctly except for the eco switch not raising the engine idle speed, suggesting that there's nothing wrong with the throttle motor or carb. With the inverter module being potted, any repair would be close to impossible. Certainly infeasible. I'd expect that the eco switch merely connects to pins on the computer chip inside the inverter module, as opposed to leading to some discrete component that could be replaced if it weren't for the potting. The good news is that it's high probability that the problem is in the switch, wiring, or a connector.
2009 Fleetwood Icon