cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Before you all jump on me abut inflation and weight, etc. I always check my tires and make sure they are aired up to 95 lbs (as called for)...Well, this weekend, one of my Chinese tire bombs blew on me on the way home from a trip. The tires are 235 85 R 16. I am looking at the Endurance. Weird thing is that the OEM tires say load range F and Endurance are E. When I look at inflation rates per Goodyear, they say I can hit the same rating by airing up to 95 lbs or 100 even though tires say 80lbs. So are people still happy with Endurance? My only requirement is tires made in North America, preferably the USA.
61 REPLIES 61

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't you guys EVER get tired of this?:R
Time again to shut this one down as there are only two or possibly three members saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
^^^^^^^^^Yeah, I think I'll stick to tires that don't self-destruct, thank you very much.

Honestly I don't think I want to buy tires because "they'll replace them when they fail", I prefer "we don't need to replace them because they don't fail". JMO of course.

On a further note ,hard to argue that analogy . I agree.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
^^^^^^^^^Yeah, I think I'll stick to tires that don't self-destruct, thank you very much.

Honestly I don't think I want to buy tires because "they'll replace them when they fail", I prefer "we don't need to replace them because they don't fail". JMO of course.

Thats the whole reason I went to Sailun. I have seen a lot of pictures of Goodyear blowouts , and ones like above of 12v's. He got lucky that it didn't come apart ,and do damage, many of them do . We keep going over, and over this, but you don't see these type of tire failures with Sailun.

I have insurance if that Sailun had tore up my fifth wheel the insurance would have covered it .

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My GY "H" caused ZERO damage, they did have a run in 2015 with tread separation issues and they replaced them no question.

Oh and I run 125psi and never heard a thing cuz it didn't blow out. Replacements are 3 years old with perfect tread.

I noticed the tread coming off and continued in 90 heat into Bakersfield for 60 miles.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is the problem telling a story without the FACTS. People read about the problem that wasn't and decide against a product.

FACT unless someone can dispute it there has NOT been a GY ENDURANCE non road hazard failure. Honestly with literally thousands in service you would think someone would have a factual statement saying they have had a problem. I have looked many times and nada.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Not totally, we had several of the OEM Rims develop pin hole leaks, one of which took three years to show up. So we didn't have alot of faith in the other rims. Trailer.Set.Go.com in Elkhart (Retail Outlet for Tredit) was offering a discount to attendees of our Redwood Rally with free delivery to the CG. I was able to purchase new 17.5 H Rated Sailuns on a new Rims, mounted and balanced for less than the cost of one G114. Have 7600 miles on them so far and no issues.

I wouldn't think you would have any issues ,it seems I am the only that has had a problem with Sailun, and IMO no fault of Sailun

You reported you had a blowout on a Goodyear G114, what did Goodyear determine the cause of the blowout. They don't usually reimburse unless its a defective tire issue not a user issue. You never said whether it did any damage to the fifth wheel, can't imagine a tire with 125 psi. not causing some sort of damage.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not totally, we had several of the OEM Rims develop pin hole leaks, one of which took three years to show up. So we didn't have alot of faith in the other rims. Trailer.Set.Go.com in Elkhart (Retail Outlet for Tredit) was offering a discount to attendees of our Redwood Rally with free delivery to the CG. I was able to purchase new 17.5 H Rated Sailuns on a new Rims, mounted and balanced for less than the cost of one G114. Have 7600 miles on them so far and no issues.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
big bird 2 wrote:
Cheap

Possibly, but thats not the only reason. I suspect he doesn't like sitting along side the road with a blowout . From experience its not fun .

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
Cheap
Big Bird 2

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Yes they did, and they reimbursed me the cost of a replacement.

Can I ask why you went to the Saliun ?

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes they did, and they reimbursed me the cost of a replacement.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Well I had a GY G114 that was just over 4 years old blow last summer. Monitor showed all tires running the same basic pressure and temps. No warnings and were running at 65 on the Ohio Turnpike, no question when it went as it sounded like a shotgun going off. Now running Sailuns.

Being a four year old tire , very doubtful a defective tire . No doubt you have your reasons as many do when they switch from Goodyear to Sailun , you certainly are not the first . It seems a weekly occurrence on the Montana Forum. But yes did you contact Goodyear, was anything known why it blew out . Did it do any damage ?

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Those interested in reading about a blowout with a Goodyear Endurance ,there is one on the Montana Owners Forum in the " Tires, Montana tires " section . On the first page of that section , title of the thread is " Montana LT vs ST tires . The report is on page 3 of that thread. Mr C is the name of the person that reported it . Supposedly it did $600.00 worth of damage ,and Goodyear would not reimburse . He stated he was going to the Sailun tire .

I "think" he may be mistaken.... Mr.C stated " I had Goodyear Endurance on my 3582RL a couple years ago. A lot heavier Montana than yours. They were only 4 years old with good thread."

that would make those tires from about 2014'ish ??

The Goodyear company rolled out the Endurance in 2017 - 2017
New Endurance features Durawall Technology
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear's 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.Jan 30, 2017

Goodyear Launches American-Manufactured Trailer Tire"

Perhaps he had Goodyear Marathons ????

Good catch!!!

That’s the reason I sent him the PM , I realized the time frame when I first read his post back a few weeks ago . He’s had a Goodyear blowout, the question is which one . Only reason I posted it was you asked about a Endurance tire failure awhile back . It’s possible he’s mistaken on the tire . Hopefully he will respond back on the PM . I am also curious.