Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide-Out Roller

icodeintx
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

I have a 2006 Forest River Rockwood 8283 SS and I'm overhauling about everything on it. I'm considering adding rollers onto the bottom of the slide-out. I'm curious if it is common for someone to add rollers onto a platform that wasn't initially designed with rollers?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Scott D - Desert Storm Veteran
3 REPLIES 3

icodeintx
Explorer
Explorer
I've been renovating this rv and my slide-out floor is good but the concern I have is that I've replaced all the rest of the floor and it is just a "little" higher than the original. I'm sort of scared to bring the slide-out in thinking I might tear up my new floor so I thought if I put rollers across the bottom that would help without all the weight of the slide-out sliding across the new floor.

Josh, I was about order a Lippert roller. Are those good products?
Scott D - Desert Storm Veteran

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem as Scott.
The center of my slider has sagged and rubs. I've tried adjusting the slide arms up, but the metal that lifts the slide is twisting and needs a coupel of gussets welded in, but I digress.

i bought a roller from Lippert - and mounted it in the center (it's extremly low profile). it does, sorta work, but I need more of them and for the price, I'm actively looking on mcmaster carr to see what they have that I can imagineer a a better solution.

Josh

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If a system was designed without rollers and works well without rollers....why?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad