cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyhauler bumper pull for polaris ranger

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Downsizing from my class C. I have a polaris ranger and am interested in a unit with a front queen , bumper pull . Onboard genie and as short as possible.

Rage'n looks nice. Have to start somewhere.
5 REPLIES 5

HRTKD
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 220FB that my 2013 Polaris Ranger fits in. It fills the space in the trailer, that's for sure.

I pull in with a 2017 F-350, but an F-250 would do it too. I would NOT pull this trailer with a 1/2 ton truck.

Here's my CAT Scale sheet. The ATV with 4 tire chains, 1/3 tank of fuel, spare tire and 9500 lb winch on cradle was in the garage. I had about 5 gallons of fuel in the generator tank and the 30 lb propane tanks were less than half full. The fresh water tank had about 40 gallons and the black/grey tanks each had probably 25 gallons. I had about 600 lbs of camping gear in the truck bed and cab. The Andersen WDH was in use. The trailer probably had 40 lbs of mud on the underside.

The trailer has an 11K GVWR, so I'm pleased with the weight.

2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 220FB S4
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7L

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dirtclods wrote:
Vapor_Trails wrote:
Hey Klutch,

Something to seriously consider is the GVWR of the toy haulers you're looking at. I don't know which Ranger you have but, I'm guessing at least 1500 lbs wet. Add your RV batteries, propane bottles, generator, fresh water, fuel station, etc. and you can easily hit 2 tons of additional weight. That's a lot to ask of a small TH.

I just weighed my rig completely loaded for a 3 week trip and I'm nearly 900 lbs over my trailer's GVW. Not good. Travelling with empty water and fuel tanks would solve that, but it's not always possible to find water near boondocking sites. DW and I were planning on trading it in on a bigger TH this Spring, but the Chinese flu hit and that changed things a bit.

There's always a place to get water supermarkets, parks and gas stations This is the magic key.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-Way-Sillcock-Key-16PL0129/304217572

Good posts. The Ranger weighs 1200 pounds. Downsizing from a class C that has 40 gallons of fresh water, I can't imagine what I would do with 100 gallons. I could increase my navy showers by a few more seconds for sure.....

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Vapor_Trails wrote:
Hey Klutch,

Something to seriously consider is the GVWR of the toy haulers you're looking at. I don't know which Ranger you have but, I'm guessing at least 1500 lbs wet. Add your RV batteries, propane bottles, generator, fresh water, fuel station, etc. and you can easily hit 2 tons of additional weight. That's a lot to ask of a small TH.

I just weighed my rig completely loaded for a 3 week trip and I'm nearly 900 lbs over my trailer's GVW. Not good. Travelling with empty water and fuel tanks would solve that, but it's not always possible to find water near boondocking sites. DW and I were planning on trading it in on a bigger TH this Spring, but the Chinese flu hit and that changed things a bit.

There's always a place to get water supermarkets, parks and gas stations This is the magic key.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-Way-Sillcock-Key-16PL0129/304217572
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Vapor_Trails
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Klutch,

2018 Ram 2500 CCSB, 4x4, 6.7, 3.42
2019 Grand Designs Momentum 25G
2020 RZR Pro XP Ultimate
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Fuel/Cruiser Stryker both start at about 23 feet and go up from there. Both claim to be able to accommodate 4 seater SxSs. We have the Stryker 2313 and haul a RZR 800 in it easily.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat