cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas, suggestions or a Mod?

nbrown1966
Explorer
Explorer
I was gifted a 2002 keystone camplite ultra. O was told the front leaked open or closed, so they kept a tarp over it. I resealed the roof, all seams, put on gutter spouts, and replaced all of seals. It no longer leaks when closed up. However, when open I have an issue. The rain comes down the front and off the tent, and from what I've read, is supposed to go in a channel behind the hinge, and drain out either side. When it rains a lot, the channel cannot handle so much water, so I find wet spots on the little "shelf" by the mattress. Id rather not have to tarp when camping. Id much rather come up with a way to keep the water from even collecting there on the first place. So.. ideas, suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
nbrown1966 wrote:
I was gifted a 2002 keystone camplite ultra. O was told the front leaked open or closed, so they kept a tarp over it. I resealed the roof, all seams, put on gutter spouts, and replaced all of seals. It no longer leaks when closed up. However, when open I have an issue. The rain comes down the front and off the tent, and from what I've read, is supposed to go in a channel behind the hinge, and drain out either side. When it rains a lot, the channel cannot handle so much water, so I find wet spots on the little "shelf" by the mattress. Id rather not have to tarp when camping. Id much rather come up with a way to keep the water from even collecting there on the first place. So.. ideas, suggestions?

Are you sure the channel is open all the way through? Maybe try running a stiff wire through the channel and then blow it out with air.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Is it where the tenting meets the roof? If so you could ajust the tenting inside. Another option is pugs, pop up gizmos. They are installed like a tarp, but most leave them attached all the time. Good thing with pugs are they insulate the bunk, so you stay cooler in the sun and warmer in the cold. Check them out.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

nbrown1966
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure put adding a picture here

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I never had a hybrid, but had a pop up and have no clue what you are asking about. The side beads on top of the tenting? Got a pic?
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.