cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Destinations during this Pandemic scare

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about the actual situation with Covid-19 an lock downs and the whys and wherefores but there are places that we can still go to fish and do whatever we want to . I would like to identify some.
have set in the Mohave in the Mh for 7 months and three here with nothing to do and I am about stir crazy or more so than usual.
Around here, to the east there is a cluster as in Nashville of cases among fairly newly arrived Illegals as in Nashville too. But the lakes right here and the river is crowded on weekends..but I don't have a boat and so on.
White River in Arkansas and other Places there still open for trout fishing? Texas Coast if it is safe? and any suggestions where it is safe and not locked down. Don't say the Arizona Desert. Got to go back there and pick up Mh and some other things but that is it. Anything to do in the Big Bend where you can hook up to water and hopefully sewer and there is something to do for a broken down ole Codger? Or let's see Missouri? Some place where a days boat rental isn't 500.00. How about Safe area on Great Lakes on leeward side of the lakes?
No there ain't no place to rent a boat here but over the mountain and 500.00 a day on waters now crowed by Nashvillans.
Aren't any Rallies going on are there, speaking of which I need to get our deposits back on three.
This isn't an orderly or organized bit here but what can you expect at this time of night and waiting on pain meds to kick in ๐Ÿ™‚
Suggestions suggestions ad maybe see you there.
15 REPLIES 15

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
As to exposure, when we do travel, a sneeze doesn't care if it is in the car in front of your or an open field. We have environmental filters in our cars but not on the mh. I wish someone made a filter housing or holder to the dash air intake and would install them. I'm not now able to crawl around underneath and up inside a narrow space behind front cap nor fabricate something rather simple it seems.If AI could see it might be able to design something and get a shop to make it and install it. it would need to be behind a baffle and polyethelene or something not paper. We go get our mh on the wy home I might keep the dash ar on recirculate and hopefully keep out some Covid and other bugs.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We are full timers and are pretty much in non-travel mode for now. I cannot see traveling and adding the additional possibility of exposure. We walk and ride bikes where we are and go to the store fro groceries and other supplies and back to the RV. Getting a lot of books read and trailer projects.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
our go to place has been closed for months now! RATS!
:C

God Bless

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
As an avid bass fisherman and RVer, I've completely given up fishing due to the enormous amount of boat activity on every State park in VA.

30 minute wait at the ramp gets old quick and I'm talking middle of the week.

I'll take soap operas and whoopi goldberg.

Half of Virginia is related they come to V aKy Tn area where there is so much quality cold water from northeast Tn, to the Tn River on though Alabama Ky and into the Ohio river and the Mississippi. Only problem is planning trips for fuel which there is none perhaps for a hundred plus miles. Around the Knoxville, and Chattanooga area/Chickamauga Lake area lots of bass fishermen but nowhere near crowded except within five miles of marinas and then only a several hundred acres per boat maybe.Fishing east and northeast Tn I would go for big trout, Smallmouth, muskie limited supply and walleye, Sauger and Stripped Bass. There are so many large cold or cool water reservoirs and streams and in Southwest Virginia. With some maps you will never run out of new water in your lifetime.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Think about looking us up. IF my truck is fixed in the next couple of weeks weโ€™re going to
Grand Isle SP. I fish in the surf early am then bank fish it until it gets too hot. Evenings itโ€™s on the beach or one of the piers or the bridge coming onto the island. Early reservations are the only way to get in the park but there are private parks too. You will catch fish. If you can make it Iโ€™ll show you how to go about it.
Happy trails!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
up here the launches are a zoo. lots of water once you get out though.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellem wrote:
As an avid bass fisherman and RVer, I've completely given up fishing due to the enormous amount of boat activity on every State park in VA.

LOL

I'm amazed... Same way in TX too. We are not sure to even plan trips.... They are hard to plan anyway but finding open places makes it way harder.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I only binge watching on travel videos
India
https://youtu.be/gLJy5njInoc

China scary glass bridge

https://youtu.be/Oo0NJsr5m4I

Snow festival in north China
https://youtu.be/RXG_hxFt4Io

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
The State and most County Campgrounds in MN are open. But, the bathrooms, showers, interpretive centers, etc remain closed. Iowa is the same way and I think South Dakota is that way too. You just have to look at the maps by county in each state to see where the hot spots are and then avoid them.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
It's not bad out there, since most people are staying away. Most places are closed and so the ones that are open are pretty empty and you can enjoy them with their limited amenities. Think about what you want to do and just go do it. Be safe and wear a mask and all that stuff, but don't stop living your life and the way you know how
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
definitely a good summer to be a boat owner. we used the camper one night in the driveway so far this year. Used the boat a lot though.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
A long time ago when we were sailors instead of RVers we put our boat into the Tennessee River, I think around Nashville. Went thru the dam that has a rise of 55 feet as I remember. At the other end of the river is Kentucky Lake in Kentucky (surprise?). Good fishing and a few campgrounds in the area.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
might be time to look for a boat (canoes and portAboats can go on the MH)

we recently upgraded our little fishing boat to something more family friendly (wife and i have a 6 and 4 year old) since our camping season has been decimated.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....