Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Entegra warranty Are you kidding me/
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Entegra warranty Are you kidding me/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LYNNMOR has the right idea, won,t cost very much, and it,ll be done , your rv could end up growing old in the dealers we,ll fix when we get to it lot. minor things better take care of it yourself.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With Covid 19, Jayco is way behind in authorizing warranty work. Floor repair REQUIRES Pre Authorization from Jayco if it goes over 6 hours. SMART dealerships get the unit in just for checkout and pics and then let the customer go and use the RV. The dealership warranty dept then sends the pics and estimate of what they want to do with Labor and Parts. It can take up to 2 weeks in normal times, but who cares as long as you are using the unit. Once Auth, the dealer calls the customer and schedules the unit back in. Now, for bubbles, the usual way to repair is either cut along the edge of the closest Cabinet and lift and glue or use the syringe to inject glue into the bubble spots, then install a flat plate with a heavy item(I use bad 12 volt batteries) overnight to set the glue. Rarely does the entire floor have to be replaced for bubble type problems and even then, 20 to 25 hours is the labor time. We use a Flooring company to replace Lino type floors when doing a complete RV as they can fit and cut perfectly as they do this type work all the time.

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

With Covid 19, Jayco is way behind in authorizing warranty work. Floor repair REQUIRES Pre Authorization from Jayco if it goes over 6 hours. SMART dealerships get the unit in just for checkout and pics and then let the customer go and use the RV. The dealership warranty dept then sends the pics and estimate of what they want to do with Labor and Parts. It can take up to 2 weeks in normal times, but who cares as long as you are using the unit. Once Auth, the dealer calls the customer and schedules the unit back in. Now, for bubbles, the usual way to repair is either cut along the edge of the closest Cabinet and lift and glue or use the syringe to inject glue into the bubble spots, then install a flat plate with a heavy item(I use bad 12 volt batteries) overnight to set the glue. Rarely does the entire floor have to be replaced for bubble type problems and even then, 20 to 25 hours is the labor time. We use a Flooring company to replace Lino type floors when doing a complete RV as they can fit and cut perfectly as they do this type work all the time.

Good explanation. While I would be tempted to do it myself, I really like the idea of making the dealer repair the work, then ding the manufacturer for thousands of dollars for the repair cost. The only way they will improve their quality control is to eat these costs. Eventually they will realize that it's more profitable to spend the extra 10 minutes to do the job right the first time.

I know...wishful thinking.

uncle t

reno,NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sorry for the delay. the dealership is RV Country, their
sparks Nv location. They have dealerships all over the west coast.
a friendly chat with the sales manager produced a 3 day away appointment in lieu of 2 months. pleased for now but time will tell

* This post was edited 07/04/20 10:01am by uncle t *

2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with your state, you may have a 7 day backout period where you can return the unit. If they think they will have to undo the sale, I bet it will get the problem solved quickly.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wowens79 wrote:

Check with your state, you may have a 7 day backout period where you can return the unit. If they think they will have to undo the sale, I bet it will get the problem solved quickly.

Please quote Georgia law or any State law that has a Back Out period for new RV or Auto sales. A LOT of people think there is such a law. There is not unless you can quote the specific law. MOST Laws, once you leave the lot, you own it. A good Dealer will sometimes allow a return if it has a few miles and the Title paperwork/Registration has not happened yet. Once the Title work is processed, you are stuck. Carmax got crossways with Texas 25 years ago when they had a 20 day return the used Car with complete refund. Texas reminded Carmax that State law required Registration MUST be started within 10 days of signed papers. Carmax changed their policy in Texas to 10 days. Doug

Ro"n"Joe

Full Timing

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The original Entegra DPs (Aspires, Anthems, Cornerstones) are quality products. Since Thor purchase, not sure about the "newer" lower end units. Are they dressed up Thor units with the Entegra sticker?

2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ro"n"Joe wrote:

The original Entegra DPs (Aspires, Anthems, Cornerstones) are quality products. Since Thor purchase, not sure about the "newer" lower end units. Are they dressed up Thor units with the Entegra sticker?

I don't understand the logic of people that think this. Thor Purchased Jayco. That's all Thor does. They are a Holding company. They find what they consider Good RV related companies and buy them. They do NOT change the production or sub Culture of the companies they buy. The reason they bought them is because of the management. They are NOT interested in turning around poor run companies. Doug (works for a Jayco and Airstream dealer(Thor owned also) as a Service tech)

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Ro"n"Joe wrote:

I don't understand the logic of people that think this. Thor Purchased Jayco. That's all Thor does. They are a Holding company. They find what they consider Good RV related companies and buy them. They do NOT change the production or sub Culture of the companies they buy. The reason they bought them is because of the management. They are NOT interested in turning around poor run companies. Doug (works for a Jayco and Airstream dealer(Thor owned also) as a Service tech)

While I agree with most of your posts, I have to disagree on this one. Since Thor's purchase of Entegra they are producing an entry level gasser that is a far cry from the higher end products Entegra is known for.

2020 F350 STX
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

Ro"n"Joe wrote:

While I agree with most of your posts, I have to disagree on this one. Since Thor's purchase of Entegra they are producing an entry level gasser that is a far cry from the higher end products Entegra is known for.

Yes, they are producing a less expensive Class A. They also came out with a better designed Class C that is a grade above the Jayco Notorized Class C. HOW does that translate into a BAD product. They are just trying to get a broad spectrum on the Motorized market. BTW, that entry level was thought up and in design before Thor purchased Jayco. We do not sell Entegra and My view of the Entegra line is it is NOT a Motorhome on par with other similiar priced Motorhomes. I have had to work on some Entegra because the Local area dealer for them had such bad service the customers refused to go back to that selling dealer. Doug

PS, This was years before Thor thought about buying Jayco.
One of the things that I thought was crazy---they installed the slide out controls and switches IN THE CENTER BATH. HOW COULD YOU OBSERVE THE OPERATION OF THE SLIDE ROOMS WHEN ACTIVATING?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Entegra warranty Are you kidding me/
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.