cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 F250 Manual Extending Mirrors

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Went to extend the mirrors a week ago. The passenger side slid out slightly stiff but nothing to be concerned with. I've since worked it a few times while rinsing with water and it now seems normal.

Drivers side, after several tries and it felt like I was going to rip the entire assembly off. The whole truck was rocking. I finally gave up and drove with it in.

Any ideas how to free it up without breaking it?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV
8 REPLIES 8

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
I have these mirrors. Try alternating taping near the upper and lower arms with a rubber mallet while pulling. Like someone else suggested, armor all.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hank85713 wrote:
be careful with usind wd 40 aws it attacks some plastics. I would say to use a silicon spray instead.

Went with the dry lube.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
be careful with usind wd 40 aws it attacks some plastics. I would say to use a silicon spray instead.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Got the upper arm to move a little (1/4inch) in and out but the lower is still rock solid after hitting it with the spray lube.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
jerem0621 wrote:
I would try spraying some WD up in the sliding part. That may loosen it up some.

Did it slide before?

Thanks!

No we picked it up last fall and wound up not towing with it till this spring. Never thought to check if the mirrors extend since they are simply a friction fit.

I'll try the WD-40.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try spraying some WD up in the sliding part. That may loosen it up some.

Did it slide before?

Thanks!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
jdc1 wrote:
That plastic expands and contracts with the weather. Use Armerall on it....it's petroleum based, and will make the black plastic shine like new.

Not trying to get it shiney...trying to get it unstuck.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
That plastic expands and contracts with the weather. Use Armerall on it....it's petroleum based, and will make the black plastic shine like new.