cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ohio campgrounds

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
It is a little confusing but I think if your camper is full time in a campground you are permitted to camp if your campground wants to open. If you are a full time camper, your camper is your residence, you can use whatever cg's that are open. Now don't take my word on this, but from what I have read I think this is what's open. Hope things change by Memorial Day. Have our first week of camping reserved for then. Thanks,Rich
6 REPLIES 6

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Parks Response to COVID-19

Ohio State Parks is committed to offering safe outdoor adventures at all of its parks.

Beginning May 21, most state park campgrounds will re-open but for the safety of our guests and staff, a reservation will be required to camp and we will not be accepting walk-in campers.

Cabins and unique getaways will be closed until at least May 31. New reservations can be made for arrivals on June 1 or later.

Campers must practice โ€œself-containedโ€ camping, whenever possible and follow all COVID-19 protocols. Campgrounds will offer limited restrooms, but most shower houses will remain closed.
Group camps, park offices, shelters, camp stores, pools, and splash pads will remain closed.

If you have an existing reservation with an arrival date of May 20 or earlier and extends past May 21, we are currently exploring options to allow modifications.

All other reservations that were impacted by the extension of the closures will automatically be cancelled and a full refund issued to the original form of payment, if possible.

If we are unable to refund to the original form of payment, an Ohio State Parks e-gift card will be issued to use on a future reservation.

If you wish to cancel a future reservation, you may do so by logging into your account or by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
They are opening cg on May 21, as long as all of the Health Dept. safety issues are being taken care of. Not sure what they are. We have reservations for the 21st thru 28th. Looks like Memorial Day camping will work out.

dedmiston
RAllison wrote:
Obviously your a lot sharper than I am Lwiddis, and thanks for the info but I don't camp at State Parks.

No he isn't. He's a troublemaker in these threads and his troll posts are often deleted.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm expecting my Memorial week camping trip to be canceled early this week by ODNR.

Gov DeWine's stay -at- home order now through May 29.So the state parks will remain closed.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
I have reservations at salt fork over Memorial Day. guess we will see what happens. Ive read where muskingum watershed campgrounds are now open to their seasonal camp sites.

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously your a lot sharper than I am Lwiddis, and thanks for the info but I don't camp at State Parks.