Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: DirecTV dropping DNS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DirecTV dropping DNS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pigman1 wrote:

We don't use the RV and home at the same time, so it looks like just switching the necessary boxes back and forth would be the best way to go. Any insights from the "old hands" would be appreciated.

why not just rent another box for the home and leave it in the RV?
bumpy

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not like I have to switch over every week. We're on the road in 3-6 month blocks so switch over is about a 5 minute job.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/20 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Love having DirecTV and DNS. I have not had to call/write or chat with anyone from DTV in YEARS! No changes needed. With the Trav'ler and a Genie/client setup I rarely watch live TV so when it comes on or where it's broadcast from has no meaning to me. I watch local news and national news using OTA from 5 until 6 or so and then it's back to whatever we have recorded. We also have a Firestick (2 actually) and can stream something available from a number of platforms as I luckily have a truly unlimited data plan no longer available. Even so, 90% of our TV watching is via satellite.

I'm right there with you Bill. Actually my system is just like yours, but I have a Slimline dish on a tripod.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/20 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

edatlanta wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Love having DirecTV and DNS. I have not had to call/write or chat with anyone from DTV in YEARS! No changes needed. With the Trav'ler and a Genie/client setup I rarely watch live TV so when it comes on or where it's broadcast from has no meaning to me. I watch local news and national news using OTA from 5 until 6 or so and then it's back to whatever we have recorded. We also have a Firestick (2 actually) and can stream something available from a number of platforms as I luckily have a truly unlimited data plan no longer available. Even so, 90% of our TV watching is via satellite.

I'm right there with you Bill. Actually my system is just like yours, but I have a Slimline dish on a tripod.

Both setup work equally well. I'm just lazy and willing to pay for the convenience!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DilanYah

London

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/20 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are using Netflix for series and some torrent sites for films (https://torrentsites.com/movies-torrent-sites/). We are currently watching Ozark Season 3, Wendy Byrde has gone off the deep end this season for sure.
Rotten has come out with a second season.
Peaky Blinders was pretty good.
Schitt's Creek was pretty funny.
I've heard the Pharmacist is a good watch.
Wild Wild Country
Narcos, though this most newest season is pretty slow.
Mindhunter, I think this show is pretty good, it's a show about the FBI building case profiles on serial killers.
The Staircase
Murder Mountain
Evil Genious
Godless
The Devil Next Door
The Innocent Man

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DirecTV dropping DNS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.