cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We are gonna go camping!

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
Grandkid is out of school. Her mom is between jobs. Construction is starting to slow, my wife is retired, and we got places to go! We live in Western WA, looking forward to getting out of town.
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited
31 REPLIES 31

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Blackdiamond ~ride Hysteria, Love that area!

I haven't been there since October when I broke some ribs, then had Pulmonary embolism from it in December, so last weekend was my first ride in quite awhile. My buddy told me that they recently tried to close off a bunch of trails, blocking with logs and stuff. Probably will go check it out in a couple weeks, once the snow melts.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Blackdiamond ~ride Hysteria, Love that area!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Nice.

Where do you like to ride?
This time it was apple valley, but like to ride Hysteria, cougar buttes, big bear. PM if you want to hook up for a ride.
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't make it out. Had some problems with our primary car, and that took priority, God was good however, and the bill was under $2000. Now with the shelter in place order, I am not inclined to leave the house vacant, the mopes selection of places to burgle is limited with everyone staying home. Some places in South Seattle are being broken into, while occupied.
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited

dedmiston
Nice.

Where do you like to ride?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Blackdiamond wrote:
Went riding yesterday, had a great time one the way home I saw tons of THs and RVs pulling toys. I am either riding or riding/camping next weekend.

Awesome. Must have been great. No dust.

We were invited to go out next weekend, but I got voted down by the rest of the family. Maybe the following weekend.

There's little to no contact with others on a desert trip. Pay at the pump and wear gloves. Don't go into town other than fuel. Camp in the boonies and keep to yourselves.

Do you have any pics of your trip? I think we could all use trip pics. I think eDUBz was the last one to post trip pics, and that was a while ago.
Sorry no pics, phone stays well padded in the backpack...yes, no dust just my buddy and I and our sons, had a great time, attempting narly hills until you made it, bushwacking and lots of single track.
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM

dedmiston
Blackdiamond wrote:
Went riding yesterday, had a great time one the way home I saw tons of THs and RVs pulling toys. I am either riding or riding/camping next weekend.

Awesome. Must have been great. No dust.

We were invited to go out next weekend, but I got voted down by the rest of the family. Maybe the following weekend.

There's little to no contact with others on a desert trip. Pay at the pump and wear gloves. Don't go into town other than fuel. Camp in the boonies and keep to yourselves.

Do you have any pics of your trip? I think we could all use trip pics. I think eDUBz was the last one to post trip pics, and that was a while ago.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM

Bedlam
We stayed out on Fidalgo Bay this past weekend. There were plenty of RV's traveling this week and big lines at the rest stop dump stations. We talked to our neighbors while camping, but each of us stayed in our site (farther than the 6' social distancing recommendation) and just spoke a little louder. No community campfires or show and tell camper and truck discussions (they had to log in online to see closer pictures). Three other truck campers were at the same destination (Arctic Fox, Adventurer and S&S), but none of us knew each other or planned for socializing.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
mrw8i wrote:
I was hoping to get out to Cal City in a few weeks. The Lockdown "Shelter in Home" has shutdown those plans. The issue is, vacationing in an RV is not essential travel. The reality is they don't want you taking up a hospital bed due to an accident you might get in while vacationing.

Exactly, you nailed it. Unfortunately it's just not business as usual.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping to get out to Cal City in a few weeks. The Lockdown "Shelter in Home" has shutdown those plans. The issue is, vacationing in an RV is not essential travel. The reality is they don't want you taking up a hospital bed due to an accident you might get in while vacationing.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
stsmark wrote:
Iโ€™m starting day two of shelter in place in Sonoma County CA. Theyโ€™re encouraging outdoor activity just keep your distance.
Have a blast on your trip!

Yes but they've closed state campgrounds, where does that fit into the "guidelines" and revoked all race permits for the desert, the wide open desert!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m starting day two of shelter in place in Sonoma County CA. Theyโ€™re encouraging outdoor activity just keep your distance.
Have a blast on your trip!

4youngs1
Explorer
Explorer
And how exactly do you get sick by simply going outside? That's right, you don't! Have fun!