cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entry Steps too high at times what do you use?

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes when we setup if the ground is not level the electric 2 steps are still pretty high. It has mostly to do with the topography of where we set up it isn't always an issue. Do they make an add on step you can add or should we just get a portable step?
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
36 REPLIES 36

Quaffnardy
Explorer
Explorer
I have been tried so many flashlights, and now I have found one of the best and reliable tactical flashlight brand. I am talking about the Klarus tactical lights , as they are sturdily built to defy harsh conditions but still perform at the highest level possible.

luv2tup
Explorer
Explorer
We got the Camco adjustable folding step from Amazon, delivered right to our campsite. It's light weight, very easy to fold & stow.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
stop by a grocery store and pick up a 4/6 pack and 6/2 liter empty pop crates. they are about 4" and 6 1/2" high. turn the over and you have a nice platform. i have seen a couple people use them. not fancy but will work

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
dickiebob wrote:
Stromberg Carlson 2 Height Platform Step Stool. Mfg No. P-102

8 1/4" tall, adjustable down to 4 1/2" tall, useable on both heights.
24" Wide, 16" Deep
20 pound weight, supports 500 pounds-frame material is steel

One of the best items I have purchased, there are good pictures on Camping World Website

That looks like the best portable unit I have seen.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

dickiebob
Explorer
Explorer
Stromberg Carlson 2 Height Platform Step Stool. Mfg No. P-102

8 1/4" tall, adjustable down to 4 1/2" tall, useable on both heights.
24" Wide, 16" Deep
20 pound weight, supports 500 pounds-frame material is steel

One of the best items I have purchased, there are good pictures on Camping World Website
2007 Monaco Monarch SFS30 SVE
with 2006 Ford F53 V10
2001 Honda CRV Toad

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
I've used one of these Harbor Freight folding step platform thingies when needed. It would be more useful as an extra entry step if I cut the legs down some; the standard height is pretty tall, and only really ideal when the campsite is sloped or drops off something crazy.
I did exactly that. I cut about 5-6" off the legs, shortened and reinstalled the angle braces and feet. It's now about 7" high.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a step used for aerobic exercising. It is probably close to 3 feet wide. It has adjustable risers that snap on and off so the height can be adjusted and it has a non-slip surface. On soft ground it will not sink in like the steps with legs can. Light weight and easy to store. Got it at Walmart.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
We took out the electric 2 step put in a 3 step never needed another after that. with the electric 3 steps just a couple inches above ground never need any more after that improvement.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is semi handicapped and has trouble with steps, I carry a wide but low foot stool for times when the coach steps are too high.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
go to goodwill pick up steps for step aerobics you can add spacers if it needs to be taller, should come with steps if you can find the full set. light weight plastic wide and sturdy.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
That's a nice step Gundog, I wouldn't mind access to a CNC machine. Oh and the knowledge to use said machine would be a bonus as well ๐Ÿ™‚ I just posted my trailer step in the Travel Trailer cool mods sticky Link.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Lumpty wrote:
... I went to the local closest Home Depot for a couple $2 each CMUโ€™s...

Carnegie Mellon University?

โ€œConcrete Masonry Unitโ€ aka cinder blocks.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Lumpty wrote:
... I went to the local closest Home Depot for a couple $2 each CMUโ€™s...

Carnegie Mellon University?
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have the opposite problem. I have the 3 steps and the bottom step is almost always flush with the ground. Once it was just about sitting on the ground. Sometimes they don't even come out if I'm parked next to a curb. But to change them out to a 2 step version is around $600. And from the measurements they give I may be short a step as some of you are saying.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!