cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closet on slide, condensation inside corners, when cold out

mema_poppop
Explorer
Explorer
Because we live in Florida this hasn’t been an issue, until we traveled recently to Tennessee. Inside closet and compartments that are on slides, condensation from cold outside to heat inside caused wetness in corners of closets and compartments. Wondering what could help. Thinking of getting small dehumidifier and putting those styrofoam swimming noodles on outside corners of slides. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, as we are going to travel to Philadelphia in about two weeks.

Thank You,
Mema
4 REPLIES 4

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
WinnebagoLife
9 Ways to Reduce RV Condensation
Tips for products to use & behaviors to try.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I like the spray foam idea but protect any place that you don't want the foam because it sticks really well. It's also a little tricky foaming an open space like a corner because the foam wants to drop away from the wall onto the floor. I'd start at the bottom and work my way up. You could practice on a cardboard box.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get some of the CLOSED cell spray foam and seal all edges with that. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes or order it online.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
That is typically a sign of little to no insulation in that area. Warm moist inside air meeting a cold surface causes condensation. The pool noodle idea may work if it can cover the corners enough to make up for the insulation issue. Otherwise keeping the doors to those areas open to circulate air flow should help.