cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water inlet with check valve

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
My fiver is having problems with sediment etc building up in the screen at the water inlet. Tried to fill today and it was ever so slow. Something is missing, at the inlet I have the screen and right behind it is a small plastic piece and it has a spring around it. I must have lost a part the last time I cleaned the screen. Am going to replace the complete valve but am curious if someone can tell me what is missing.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
The Camco filters are 20 micron filters. A 5 micron whole house filter after that one would be good choice. If you get a two stage whole house filter you can put a large carbon block in the second chamber for superior taste. The 20 micron filters are great for a pre-filter which will help the longevity of the whole house filters.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Yes getting the brass connection.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
On an unrelated note, if you replace the oem inlet (probably all plastic junk) get the one that's brass construction.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
If you depress the tab with no open faucet it will cause the O ring to slip off. It is very simple to disassemble and re-install the O ring without having to replace the whole check valve. Google it for instructions.
Esacnj

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Have been using the Camco filters from Amazon (2 for $24.) and not really pleased
Will be making a change.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
You state you have sediment issues. You might consider a whole house type of filter inline before the RV. That may prevent future issues inside the RV to include protecting check valves, water pump and all of your screens/water savers on the faucets.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer starting not accepting water at all. The plastic check valve incorporated in the water inlet failed to work. I bought a new assembly off Amazon and everything works fine. Relatively inexpensive and easy install.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
bob213 wrote:
This might help.
check valve
Very good post.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
My check valve was dripping and I couldn't find the exact replacement so I replaced it with a ball valve. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
This might help.
check valve
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand