cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessfully trying to upgrade my exhaust brake

shoalsgary
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with Cummins CAPS engine and my exhaust brake is frozen. I've tried soaking in diesel fuel, soaking in PB Blaster, using Bigger Hammer, heat, and NOTHING frees it up. So I want to upgrade to the PPRXRB brake. But every supplier wants the model number of my brake. The only number on my pump is C319 cast into it, but that doesn't satisfy them. Where can I find the model number of my original brake???
10 REPLIES 10

shoalsgary
Explorer
Explorer
It says PacBrake on it. I contacted Pacbrake and gave them the information requested and have not heard from them yet.

keefr
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible that your original was made by Jacobs (the Jake people)? They supplied exhaust brakes for some engines of that vintage. I agree with Brett Wolfe, you should be contacting PacBrake directly - they will be able to tell you what part you need better than any dealer or reseller. I have found them to be incredibly helpful.
Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - George Carlin

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
shoalsgary wrote:
Now I'm trying to find the PXRB that replaces it. I provided my engine number (46248452) and have found nothing on the exhaust brake, original OR PXRB.

You talked with PacBrake Corp?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

shoalsgary
Explorer
Explorer
Now I'm trying to find the PXRB that replaces it. I provided my engine number (46248452) and have found nothing on the exhaust brake, original OR PXRB.

shoalsgary
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Is it frozen because of carbon build-up? Or is it a mechanical issue? If it is carbon build-up try soaking it in Purple Power overnight. $8 a gallon at our local Autozone. Works great for cleaning all things EGR related.

nO CARBON BUILD UP. PROBABLY FROZEN FROM NON-USE.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it frozen because of carbon build-up? Or is it a mechanical issue? If it is carbon build-up try soaking it in Purple Power overnight. $8 a gallon at our local Autozone. Works great for cleaning all things EGR related.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think you'll find the S/N tag mounted sideways on the timing cover, kind of behind the inj. pump.
You can use this number to contact Cummins and they can tell you every part that's associated with your eng.

MrWizard
I the Cummins i had
The engine serial # was on a metal tag
Irrc it was near the injection pump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

shoalsgary
Explorer
Explorer
can't find engine serial number