cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Are the Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires made in USA? Are these the Carlisle trailer tires that a lot of folks seem to like?
25 REPLIES 25

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
plasticmaster wrote:
Are the Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires made in USA? Are these the Carlisle trailer tires that a lot of folks seem to like?

The plant code "AQ" found on Carlisle ST tires identifies them as being made by Carlisle tire & wheel Co. LTD at Meixian, Guangdong, China.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from the commercial side our tire threads never mention years of service but miles of service like 25k for ST tires......50k for LT tires..... or 75k for some haulers using commercial grade steel ply carcass ST or LT tires. In this type of work our tires never time out but actually wear out
Some haulers can wear out two sets a year.
2-3 Years of service or 2-3 years on the market or what one trailer owners experience with a couple of rv trailers doesn't tell all the service life story for a tire for all trailer types.

The Carlisle HD and the Endurance are from our oldest ST tire makers. Both have made some crappy ST tires in the past. To their credit they did improve them every several years.
Miles and years of service are building in their newest efforts and so far both are a vast improvement over the ones their replacing.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest problem with ST tires is the RV manufacturers who, in the interest of saving a buck, install low quality tires of barely adequate load range and speed rating on their trailers. Then you get someone who loads heavy and runs with too-low pressure and too fast for the speed rating, and there you go. Tires fail, and everyone blames it on the source country.

Buy quality brand name tires from a reputable dealer, and you should be good to go.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I have had mine for almost 2 years and they have about 6 or 7K on them.

They are black and round and to tell the truth for over 40 years with all sorts of cheap tires I've only had one tire blow up and that was from under inflation from a nail.

My only complaint is the tread is very low when brand new. They do really make up for it by wearing really good.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Carlisle Radial Trail HD on my travel trailer going on 2 years, no issues or complaints. I balanced them and they all took 1.25 oz or less to balance, which is great for trailer tires.
They tow smooth and are wearing like iron!
I will admit, some of Carlisle's older trailer tires were less than reliable, but this new design is one of the top trailer tires on the market.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
djsamuel wrote:
I have the Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires. They've been great over the last 4 years and a lot of miles. No issues at all and good wear.

2 years ago I had one RH (not HD) lose the tread on the way north to a campsite. Very small amount of damage. On the way back on the same trip another one lost 3/4 of the tread with 1/4 slapping and blowing a hole in the bottom of my trailer. All 4 tires were only 4 years old and less than 7000 miles. Both that came apart still had 80 psi in them....LRE tires. After inspection, the last 2 were also showing separation and Carlisle did nothing about any of it. Will never deal with that company again.
Of course Im only complaining because I had a negative experience.
Ordered GY endurance and no issues after 2 years and 5000 miles.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent tire. Discount Tire stands behind them. I've had them on my last two trailers and never had a problem. Even rated at 82 mph (I think).
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely love my Carlilse Radial HD's have had them for 3 years and over 25k on them and they still look new. I would def buy them again ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
When Carlye's first came on the scene, they were the worse tires ever made. Just like Hyundia's and Kia's, things change over time.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
mileshuff, I certainly understand your lack of confidence in the Carlisle company for not standing behind their tires in your incident. I wouldn't buy another Carlisle tire from them either. I bought a new hybrid that came with the poor quality Carlisles. I had no dealer to complain to. I went through the steps. I filed a claim with the NHTSA explaining what happened. I sent a letter to Carlisle telling my story, including a picture and copies of my weight tickets. I was not overloaded, it was cool outside and I was not speeding. I also included a copy of the receipt I had for 5 new tires. They responded quickly and included a check to cover my expenses.

Yes, they were bad tires. No, they are not still bad. This argument could be used on the new Goodyear Endurance tires. The Marathons had more than their fare share of issues. From everything I have heard the Endurance is a better tire. My Marathons had all sorts of trouble and showed that two had belts separating. This was after only 3 years and very few miles, like less than 3 thousand.

Sorry that you had to live through what I did. But, the OP asked about the new Carlisles and I will stand behind my original response. They are pretty good tires. Buy them from a reputable dealer who will stand behind them and you should be good to go.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
djsamuel wrote:
I have the Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires. They've been great over the last 4 years and a lot of miles. No issues at all and good wear.

X-2
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
I got seven years out of a set of radial Carlisles back in the โ€˜90โ€™s. I run bias ply Carlisles on my boat trailer. Based on my own experience with them, I wouldnโ€™t hesitate to buy them again.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
BTW my Carlisle tires were made in China to answer your original question
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle