cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Repair and epdm roof

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm moving a solar panel on my roof and that is going leave some screw holes in the epdm roofing. Hopefully that's the right acronym....anyway, it's rubber and not the TPO. What is the best repair tape and process? I'm finding gentle heat gun and putty knife does a pretty good job of getting the goop up.

Thanks!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
7 REPLIES 7

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to roof leaking. Cover holes with dicor and then cover with eternabond when dicor is cured.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
2x, jfk.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clean area with Acetone then apply Eternabond. I had to apply a little bit recently. :B

Didn't know I caught a branch. We were having a lot of rain and all of a sudden water started pouring out of one of the LED lights on the ceiling. Next morning looked to find the carnaige, so good thing it was a sunny day!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Eternabond. Clean the area properly and use a roller to thoroughly activate the adhesive, it'll last longer than your EPDM roof will.

X2. If applied properly, Eternabond is a one time repair.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I would fill the holes with dicor then cover with a piece of Eternabond. I wouldnt worry about dabs of tape scattered on the roof, keeping out water would be my top priority.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eternabond. Clean the area properly and use a roller to thoroughly activate the adhesive, it'll last longer than your EPDM roof will.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dicor in ample quantities: Dicor at Amazon

That's most likely what you are scraping up now.

One tube of the self leveling stuff. Our local RV parts guy was saying they like some other brand but I don't recall the name and Dicor is tried and true. You could use Eternabond but the would leave dabs of tape scattered around your roof.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper