cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5th Wheel with 4-camera system

irish31790
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks. I just order a new 2020 Cedar Creek fifth wheel. I ordered it with a 4-camera security system. The salesman said it doubles as a camera system when you are towing. I’m now starting the tow vehicle search process. I’ve settled on an F350 diesel, but don’t know if I need the towing technology option to tie the camper into the truck display. Anyone have any advice?
Mr. B
Reading, OH
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman SRW Diesel
8 REPLIES 8

drb1251
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried a camera at the third brake light?

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to order the camera for my truck until I found out it would only work in reverse. I wanted a full time observation camera so I ordered a separate system. I have a separate monitor that sits on my dash. Another issue with the 17-19 Ford Super Duty is if you do get the trailer mounted camera the hook up for it is in the rear bumper. Not good if you have a fifth wheel. I think I read where the camera hook up will be in the bed in the upcoming 2020 models. Unless something has changed I think it will still be a back up camera only.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
None of the trucks will operate your 4 camera system unless you do a lock pic on your truck. The 4 camera system comes with a screen that is portable for in your truck or RV.

Order the tow tech package with your Ford. It is well worth the money.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Chevrolet/GMC invisible trailer camera system seems pretty sweet. I understand it requires a wired camera on the rear of the trailer. Can't say if it will articulate with your trailer's camera, but it would be worth checking out.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
truck will not interact with trailer cameras... It will be looking for the WIRED Ford cameras.

irish31790
Explorer
Explorer
LOL Bucky! Thanks, I'm pretty fired up about the Cedar Creek. I'm trying to decide if I want a new truck or a used one. If I get used, I may not be able to get everything I want on it. So I'm trying to figure out what are the "must haves" on the tow vehicle and I just don't understand exactly how the truck monitor interacts with the CC's cameras.
Mr. B
Reading, OH
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman SRW Diesel

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are going first class, why stop now?
Puma 30RKSS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“The salesman said...”

Oh boy!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad