Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Air Conditioner Upgrade/Replacement
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Air Conditioner Upgrade/Replacement

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
roadtoadflorida

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2011, 30' Flagstaff TT. I want to upgrade my 13500 BTU Dometic with a 15K Ducted unit. I hope to do this before I have RV Armour roof installed on the TT. Has anyone replaced their AC unit with an upgrade? If so, what model is recommended. Once I select a durable unit, I will install it, then have the roof resurfaced. Thank You ...

Ken and Pat
CB Handle: "Road Toad" Channel 19
2011 Flagstaff 30 FT TT
2015 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab
Okaloosa County, Florida

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That only gives you 10% more cooling. It makes it difficult to run on a 15 amp-shore power supply, too.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 5th wheel had a Dometic 13500 btu unit that went bad and I install a Dometic 15,000 btu and it fit without any need for modification. That was at least 15 years ago. We park for 3 months in San Diego during the summer and usually run the A/C 24X7 due to the 80 plus degree heat. It has held up well.

I've seen a lot of forum posts on several RV forums and on YouTube where RV owners have installed one of the Mini-Split air conditioners instead of a RV type air conditioners. The Mini-Splits seem to work better and use less power.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get whatever AC you are wanting and take it with you when you have the RV Flex-Armor roof done. They remove everything from the roof and replace all the vents and AC gaskets during their process.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Air Conditioner Upgrade/Replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS