Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I store 200 gallons for the generator and then fill a pair of 130-gallon tanks aboard quicksilver.
Saudi Arabia is demanding 85 dollars for its crude oil. Think conspiracy? Nawwwwwww, they wouldn't do thaaaaaaaaaaat.

This isn't a one-week affair. Jeezo where did some of you folks get your education in economics........out of a cereal box? This is a months-long ordeal and it isn't what YOU pay at the pump, it's what haulers of groceries, 150,000-ton freighters, and parcel delivery services pay. And it all compounds just like interest. I'm thinking more like ONE DOLLAR PER GALLON of gasoline and diesel hike. My family has 600 pounds of lobster and near a half-ton of three dollars a pound, red sea bass called huachinango under refrigeration. So filling the reserves has to be an affordable process, but diesel here = four dollars a gallon.

I peruse a lot of data weekly. When I come across something I cannot use I skim right across it. I do not waste time with it. That's nothing less than stupid. Use the info or waste time.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filled up my truck today........got a $1 off discount per gallon due to my fuel points so I'm ahead of the game

For now!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Money saved does not disappear -- unless the holder disappears it. It helps to maintain a level head when dissecting finances. Such as state tax. A dollar per gallon increase in CA. adds a minimum of 8% additional tax.

Don't mean to spoil an electric car enthusiasts day, but too many folks on this board ridiculed my caution regarding supplemental taxation on electric cars for me to, as they say. "Shine It On"

"Taxing your electric car to pay for highway repairs is gaining momentum
As more and more electric cars hit the roads, Congress is eyeing ways to have vehicle owners pay for using the nation’s highways and bridges." https://www.sacbee.com/#storylink=cpy

The honeymoon is over

No, I didn't gloat when I read this. I shook my head. The infrastructure tax is what is going to wallop everyone. Tens of millions of tons of steel and aluminum. How much extra CO2 needs to be amortized?

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I store 200 gallons for the generator and then fill a pair of 130-gallon tanks aboard quicksilver.
Saudi Arabia is demanding 85 dollars for its crude oil. Think conspiracy? Nawwwwwww, they wouldn't do thaaaaaaaaaaat.

This isn't a one-week affair. Jeezo where did some of you folks get your education in economics........out of a cereal box? This is a months-long ordeal and it isn't what YOU pay at the pump, it's what haulers of groceries, 150,000-ton freighters, and parcel delivery services pay. And it all compounds just like interest. I'm thinking more like ONE DOLLAR PER GALLON of gasoline and diesel hike. My family has 600 pounds of lobster and near a half-ton of three dollars a pound, red sea bass called huachinango under refrigeration. So filling the reserves has to be an affordable process, but diesel here = four dollars a gallon.

I peruse a lot of data weekly. When I come across something I cannot use I skim right across it. I do not waste time with it. That's nothing less than stupid. Use the info or waste time.

Mex,

Think you need to get back on your "meds"..

Gas price raised a mere $.20 today for a total of $2.86 with PA taxes of nearly $.80 per gallon included in the price, that IS much less of a jump than the last refinery fire here in the US..

I think you are forgetting about the price of gas back quite a few years ago when 87 got up to almost $5.00 a gallon.

The last news I saw earlier today was the Saudis felt they could have the plant up to 1/3 operating capacity within three days and maybe two weeks to full capacity. Hardly a earth shattering catastrophe when considering that they are only supplying a mere 5% of the entire worlds crude output.

US IS exporting far more crude and petroleum products than what we take in which in the overall picture 5% loss is nothing more than a small speed bump..

ljr

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The world energy markets are much different than in pre-fracking days. We were the biggest consumer now we are also the biggest producer. If the Arabs don’t get back in production quickly they risk losing market share. Whatever price impact there is will be dampened somewhat by the commodity traders (aka: speculators) until things settle down.

Larry

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"This isn't a one-week affair."
followed by 3 days later by...

Think you need to get back on your "meds"..Gas price raised a mere $.20 today

Reading comprehension is a large part of having an additive collation of information to SUMMARIZE from.

I cannot predict WHEN the oil prices are going to rise. Nor how much per day or month. But realize this...shale oil can NOT compete with pumped crude to be competitive. Right now profits are razor-thin. But it's cheaper to limp along, than stop and then restart.

Guilty or not, playing the Iranians as the boogeyman is profitable long or short term. They will end up enhancing sales of stunningly expensive military hardware by billions of dollars -- perhaps tens of billions. What better way to bandage a tariff bruised US economy? The LUST for Venezuelan Lagomar crude becomes sharper. Do you need a compass and a guide dog?

State revenues are enhanced not by cents but by tens of millions of cents every day.

My second Master's degree thesis was based on petrodollars in the Latin American economy and it was four thousand pages long covering Mexico to Brazil. It could have been re-titled "Going bankrupt by basing high point loan security on pre corruption estimates of production".

There is zero resistance to arguments of enhancing alternate energy gains. Higher MPG standards for motor vehicles. Think and think hard about what entity besides a hapless consumer would be against substantially higher petroleum prices?

Please do not apply for the position of Petro analyst. This area is even more obtuse than a battery design engineer.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Money saved does not disappear -- unless the holder disappears it. It helps to maintain a level head when dissecting finances. Such as state tax. A dollar per gallon increase in CA. adds a minimum of 8% additional tax.

Don't mean to spoil an electric car enthusiasts day, but too many folks on this board ridiculed my caution regarding supplemental taxation on electric cars for me to, as they say. "Shine It On"

"Taxing your electric car to pay for highway repairs is gaining momentum
As more and more electric cars hit the roads, Congress is eyeing ways to have vehicle owners pay for using the nation’s highways and bridges." https://www.sacbee.com/#storylink=cpy

The honeymoon is over

No, I didn't gloat when I read this. I shook my head. The infrastructure tax is what is going to wallop everyone. Tens of millions of tons of steel and aluminum. How much extra CO2 needs to be amortized?
Federal excise taxes and most state taxes are a dollar amount per gallon. The price of a gallon doesn't effect the tax amount at all. Federal taxes per mile driven have been shrinking for decades due to increased fuel economy of the entire US fleet of vehicles. That fact, combined with electric vehicles is the impetus for starting a discussion on changing how road taxes are collected. That being said, cost of fuel is way down on the things I worry about for two reasons. One, it isn't a significant part of my spending. And two, there isn't anything I can do about it.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course not but tel ju IT to the state

lane hog

Tucson, AZ & NW Chicago Burbs, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 07:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

I fail to understand the "confront Iran". We, the USA have been attacking them for over a lifetime, and they have never invaded our country.

When they invaded the embassy in 1979 and held our diplomatic staff hostage, they invaded our country.

• 2005 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C (was a three-time Jayco owner)
  • 2012 MasterTow Dolly pulling a 2003 Jeep Liberty (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango, Honda Odyssey...)
  • Onan Microquiet 4000, plus 130W solar and Honda EU2000i twins for backup

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Persian history. Xerxes, the Martin Luther King of the Mideast?

This is NOT about Iran, it's about filling up a rig's gas tank and thereby keeping it full to avoid future shock. For us peons, it may save enough money for a spring outing.

Yes, I know there are some comfortable people out there...

"RV? I love it -- I have people that do that for me"

I explained how the Saudi's are sucking us into a conflict. That explains nothing and you learn nothing by reading o watching the gnus. Instead, do something useful -- pick up a book and study the centuries-old Sunni, Shia conflict. Read the Quran. Study the sword verses.

I prefer to react and try to improve my life my just a little -- a little is better than nothing.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS