Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Towing with a 3500 Van
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Towing with a 3500 Van

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if anyone has towed with the new Expedition Max with the optional heavy duty trailer package. Has a rear GAWR over 4,300 lbs and a tow rating of over 9k.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blindeyes wrote:

Ram owner here. Towing my Rv with ram 3500 (2017) is easier in my opinion compared to my Jeep. You need to install an additional part which is https://www.ramsareus.com/sku/82213822.html.html. This could tow at least 20000lb which can tow pretty much any rv. As of the moment, no serious problem towing it. I guess it really all boils down to the power of a truck.

Wut?

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fryer5 wrote:

Blt2ski I disagree with your view of only one van to tow anything pushing 5k.
I have a Nissan nv3500 sl passenger van. I tow around 6500 lbs estimated. I have a keystone passport ultralight 290bh. It is long, but light for its size. I have towed it from Wisconsin to Yellowstone, sosuth from wisconsin to Kentucky and Missouri. I have had this trailer for ten years. My tow vehicle progression was
06 suburban 1500 2wd
08 suburban 2500 4wd
And now 2017 Nissan nv3500 so 2wd

The van is night and day difference from the suburbans. It is that much better. Plenty of power, less shifting of gears. I can set the cruise at 70 and stay there all day. The only downside is the 28 gallon tank makes fuel stops more frequent.

Anybody with three kids + thinking of towing owes it to themselves to at least check the Nissan out

Its brother is is Titan XD. Similar platforms, both incredible towing machines. Nissan refuses to market them. Too bad..

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm beginning to lean towards the Nissan NV 3500. Guess I'll have to head to the dealer and test drive one.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

blindeyes wrote:

Ram owner here. Towing my Rv with ram 3500 (2017) is easier in my opinion compared to my Jeep. You need to install an additional part which is https://www.ramsareus.com/sku/82213822.html.html. This could tow at least 20000lb which can tow pretty much any rv. As of the moment, no serious problem towing it. I guess it really all boils down to the power of a truck.

Wut?

Wut indeed. I've thought about it over the course of two beers and a double bourbon. I'll be damned if I can figure out how I would hitch up my TT to that Ramasuarus **** thing in his link ROFLMAO.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Towing with a 3500 Van
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS