Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a New 2016 trailer in 2019. What’s it worth?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Buying a New 2016 trailer in 2019. What’s it worth?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/19 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hooterville wrote:

Dealer has a brand new, never registered 2016 Cougar 303RLS for sale. Even though it is still new, the moment I put a plate on it will be a 4 year old unit. the NADA guide for this year and model has recommended an average value of about 54% of the original MSRP.

I am located in Canada and the listing MSRP is $71,300 (Canadian) Sticker on it currently is $56,000. Using a straight used value this would come to about a used value of $38,500.

Looking for advise on what it is really worth and how to approach the dealer.

I would expect to pay some where between the 38,500 and the 56,000, while it is 4 years old don't forget that it has no wear and tear on it that you would expect from a 4 year old rv. also like was said I would ask every joint be gone over and resealed. I would shoot for walking out between the 38 and 45K.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Buying a New 2016 trailer in 2019. What’s it worth?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS