cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading to Dearborn MI from South Jersey...have questions..

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
Just beginning to gather info for our upcoming trip to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn Mi. We plan on talking it slow and relaxing, and will stop for a nite to hopefully see some sites along the way. We figure to take I76 to I80 and should be in the Pittsburgh to Monroeville area approximately 5+ hours in, so thought we would look for a suitable overnite spot in this area. Any suggestions for either suitable CG or interesting spots to check out? I will certainly Google for ideas but suggestions from this site are always helpful and interesting..thanks.
2010 Rockwood 2607
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Ext Cab
8 REPLIES 8

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
Airdaile wrote:
Hickory Hollow in Somerset PA (off I-76). Decent campground, driving distance to the Flight 93 Memorial and Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water.

Going to check this one out for sure. Thank you!
2010 Rockwood 2607

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions! Will certainly check into the Flight 93 memorial..those passengers were true heroes, and will also look into the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit. Any more suggestions?? Thanks everyone!
2010 Rockwood 2607

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Hickory Hollow in Somerset PA (off I-76). Decent campground, driving distance to the Flight 93 Memorial and Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Read the above.

Also, for a nicer and way less expensive ride, as soon as you get near Cleveland switch up to RT2 and take that to 280 and north.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
smarty wrote:
schedule two days for Henry Ford museum, awesome place

Make it 3 if you want to do the Rogue Assembly Plant tour.

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
schedule two days for Henry Ford museum, awesome place

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't stopped at the Flight 93 memorial, it's well worth a visit. Should be right near your stopping point.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I canโ€™t help you out with things to do along the way, but I can tell you the Henry Ford is absolutely amazing. Enjoy!