cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Revenge is mine, says the buffalo herd...

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
26 REPLIES 26

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't take selfies with the fluffy cows.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
We got surrounded by bison in Yellowstone last month for about 30 minutes but we were on our Harley not in the RV. No where to hide either on the Harley or off. Just held our breath, stayed quiet and didn't make eye contact.

Same thing, except we were on bicycles. Fortunately there were compassionate pickup truck drivers that came to our rescue twice. The only safe transport through bison country is an armored vehicle.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly, I've never heard of an auto policy with comp & collision coverage that did not extend to a rental. I've asked a couple of insurance agents in the past and they affirmed this.

Could be a thing of the past. Best thing to do is ask your agent to find out.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
The weird thing about insurance, it charges you for every little tweak in coverage, you pay for every little tweak in coverage, and both you and the insurance company hope you never have to use it. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Course, when you need it, you need it and glad you paid for every little tweak.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
All they have to do is turn it into their regular auto insurance policy provider. They'll have to pay the deductible, but that's all.

Maybe. Not all policies are the same. Coverage does not always follow to a renal car. It also doesn't always cover the "extras" that some rental companies will make you pay for such as lost revenue on the vehicle.
Honestly, I've never heard of an auto policy with comp & collision coverage that did not extend to a rental. I've asked a couple of insurance agents in the past and they affirmed this.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
In Yellowstone, elk mating season. Two buck elks, in a discussion, with BIG horns, about whose territory it was. Two tourists, with flash cameras, trying to get a closeup of mad Elk, about 2-3 hundred yards out in a field, with a fence between them and an car or shelter. Lucky nobody got hurt too bad. But boy could those tourists run!!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I were in Yellowstone 2 years ago on our Goldwing motorcycle. Some dumba$$ in a rental RV stopped in the road, right in the middle of a rutting herd of bison, to get the family out to take a "memorable photo" from their trip. We got stopped in the traffic jam and the herd started to get agitated all around us and the others. We looked for any way out but the cars and RV's had us blocked. Luckily a Ranger got through with their noise maker to disperse the herd and get the traffic moving. When we passed the RV the Ranger was giving them some sort of "award" for stupidity. Hope it cost them a bundle of money.

It is hard to appreciate how exposed you feel in that situation.

PLEASE DO NOT STOP TO DO STUPID THINGS.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
From a science fiction story but well. it still applies
Sign on fence post

"Do not enter pasture unless you can make it to the other side in 9 Seconds
Because Trixie can cross it in 10".

Reminds me of a line the instructor gave us when taking a course on surviving an "off airport" landing.

Someone asked how fast you would have to run and for how long if a bear was chasing you.

The (very experienced) instructor replied "Just a little faster, and just a little further, than the guy next to you.".

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Funniest thing we have seen was a couple with kids trying to get a donkey head back out of the passenger window. Don't feed the donkeys!!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
All they have to do is turn it into their regular auto insurance policy provider. They'll have to pay the deductible, but that's all.

Maybe. Not all policies are the same. Coverage does not always follow to a renal car. It also doesn't always cover the "extras" that some rental companies will make you pay for such as lost revenue on the vehicle.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
From a science fiction story but well. it still applies
Sign on fence post

"Do not enter pasture unless you can make it to the other side in 9 Seconds
Because Trixie can cross it in 10".
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We were stopped on a road in Yellowstone watching a herd walk right past us in the opposite lane ... Just walking along, about fifty of them. Didn't bother us or the other cars in our lane. We all sat there and enjoyed it. Fifteen minutes or so - then the herd moved on, and we moved on. It was pretty awesome ...

Another time, a herd of about sixty or seventy walked right thru the campground at Teddy Roosevelt park ... just wandering around the tents and RV's, right thru the campsites. Was very cool to see ...

Looks to me like something spooked this Yellowstone herd, because in all my times at that park, I've never seen that kind of aggressive stampede. Most times, they just saunter around unless in Rut and Female near - then the bulls get a bit rowdy.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I got ambushed on the road in Custer State Park by this gang.

They finally let me through.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System