cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Privacy Curtain w/Overhead Bed?

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
Purchased our '15 Itasca used & was surprised to realize there's no privacy curtain on the overhead bed. Was more surprised to see there's no track, snaps, or anything else indicating there ever was one in the unit.

How common is it nowadays for Class C's to ship from the manufacturer without any privacy curtain up there?
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10
10 REPLIES 10

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Neither my first ('79 Roll-a-Long) nor my second ('88 Jamboree) had a curtain for the overhead bunk.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not having a privacy curtain was in no way a make-or-brake item with our RV buy, it's just that over the years I had never personally been in a Class C that wasn't equipped with one.

May or may not put one in.... the wife & I don't need it but perhaps it would be good to have if/when we have the grandbabies out with us sometime.

ETA: Our Itasca 25b came with a snap-in privacy 'curtain' that goes behind the front cockpit area however, nothing for the bunk or the rear bed area.

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
Powertour wrote:
Purchased our '15 Itasca used & was surprised to realize there's no privacy curtain on the overhead bed. Was more surprised to see there's no track, snaps, or anything else indicating there ever was one in the unit.

How common is it nowadays for Class C's to ship from the manufacturer without any privacy curtain up there?

You've asked a very good question! As a guess on my part, the answer may be: "Very common ... as a cost cutting measure being practiced all too often lately by RV manufacturers."

Our 2005 Itasca has a sliding curtain to block off the overhead sleeping loft, a snap-in curtain to block off the cab area, and a sliding curtain to block off the rear corner bed/shower/bathroom areas.

🙂

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came with a good quality lined privacy curtain for the overhead bunk. The corner bed in the back did not, so we added a ceiling track and curtain there. It was pretty easy to do.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A good pre-purchase inspection would have... Adding a curtain isn’t difficult.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just add one.
I do not share my RV except in emergencies. I tell people the guest room is the pass through storage compartment under the bed.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR wrote:
Believe me, even with a curtain they’ll still know you’re fooling around up there.

:):)

Helmets are probably a good idea. 🙂

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Powertour wrote:

You've asked a very good question! As a guess on my part, the answer may be: "Very common ... as a cost cutting measure being practiced all too often lately by RV manufacturers."

Our 2005 Itasca has a sliding curtain to block off the overhead sleeping loft, a snap-in curtain to block off the cab area, and a sliding curtain to block off the rear corner bed/shower/bathroom areas.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Believe me, even with a curtain they’ll still know you’re fooling around up there.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Plturne
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 Coachmen Freelander 22QB has a privacy curtain on a track