cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minnie Winnie or Fuse/View?

mikeceli
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks! Prospective Class C owner, former travel trailer trailer owner here with questions.

Wife and I are considering something like a Fuse or View, OR Minnie Winnie(Ford V10) 25 footer.

For those who have driven or traveled in both, how does the driving experience compare? IE Sound levels at highway speeds, handling, maneuvering in traffic etc. I think I'd prefer the Fuse, but mini's cost approx. 40% less. We would probably buy a 2 year old unit. Thanks.
God Bless America!
12 REPLIES 12

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
JohninSD wrote:
It wasn't the fuel mileage that led me to the Navion (Sprinter chassis, made by Itasca/Winnebago) but the driving comfort - much more legroom in the Sprinter based units, no "doghouse" for the engine. The Sprinter units are also a foot narrower than the Ford ones, advantage or disadvantage depending on your preferences. The difference in fuel cost is pretty much negligible as "Jayco-noslide" pointed out.
x2 on the driving comfort.
On narrow roads I'm really glad to have the narrower body. Once parked, I'd of course rather have the extra interior space.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
We get the IVECO Daily chassis that seems to combine the aspects of the E450 and Sprinter, now heavily used as a Class C base
This is 28ft long

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
Cost of Diesel per gallon plus DEF VS Regular Gas ÷ MPG difference is pretty much a wash.

Most important:

1) GCWR (Gross Combination Weight Rating) Minus UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight) = CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) Does your Perspective RV have enough Capacity ?

2) Tow capacity & hitch rating. going to tow anything ?

3) floor plan

4) driving comfort (how much time behind the wheel will you spend ?)

Lot choices out there and everyone of them has good and bad points. Pick the one you will be most happy with.
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

mikeceli
Explorer
Explorer
Great info, so far. Thanks!
God Bless America!

JohninSD
Explorer
Explorer
It wasn't the fuel mileage that led me to the Navion (Sprinter chassis, made by Itasca/Winnebago) but the driving comfort - much more legroom in the Sprinter based units, no "doghouse" for the engine. The Sprinter units are also a foot narrower than the Ford ones, advantage or disadvantage depending on your preferences. The difference in fuel cost is pretty much negligible as "Jayco-noslide" pointed out.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
In general I just don't like the bang for the buck with the Fuse type of MH compared to the more traditional C. The cost difference to me is huge as even used ones seem to run over 50K. I concede many advantages to the Fuse but the C also has advantages besides the big cost factor. Don't be too influenced by the MPG difference as fuel is by far not the biggest expense of having a MH. It's the cost (depreciation) of the MH. What would one "save" on a 2000 mile trip? Possibly $250. Peanuts compared to the MH cost.
Jayco-noslide

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new 2020 Minnie Winnie with V10 and 6 speed trans and the engine is substantially quieter than the diesel we test drove, city and freeway. Getting right at 12-12.5mpg if we stay 60 mph or under. Power definitely goes to the V10 as does the availability to get unleaded vs some stations no carrying diesel. You ever need a engine repair away from any city you will be very thankful you can go into any Ford dealer or independent shop. Our previous 1999 was also a V10 and it's powertrain was bulletproof.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Owned a Minnie Winnie 22R on a E450 chassis. Great 24 foot C class and got about 8 MPG.

Currently own a Winnebago Navion 24V on a MB Sprinter chassis. Great C class with a larger and more open cab that gives the illusion of being in a small A class. Considerably more expensive than a Minnie Winnie on a Ford Chassis. I get about 14 MPG.

You can't go wrong with either one of these units.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
What these previous guys' posts said....plus the Fuse is definitely more comfortable to drive than the E350 chassis.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
if you like 8mpg go v10,if 16teen sounds ok? go diesel.

Yup. :C
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you like 8mpg go v10,if 16teen sounds ok? go diesel.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Noise levels at freeway speeds, edge to the diesel chassis.
Fuel economy at freeway speeds, edge to the diesel chassis.
Cargo carrying plus towing capacity, edge to the Ford V10.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)