cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide floor mushing,,,

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks to the dealer who installed the awning on my 12' slide by not caulking the holes on the lower mounts I found that my left front corner of my slide-out floor has delaminated. Anyone had to deal with this and what did you do? Also does anyone know the Amish repair guy that CC now uses neat Topeka IN? Thanks in advance!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
3 REPLIES 3

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
you wouldn't have their number,,,

This is the phone number I have for Amish Family RV in Topeka, IN from 2017. 260-593-0951

What you'll find out when calling: Orvan (if you speak to him) will have you send an e-mail to: amishfamilyrvservice@pcfreemail.com explaining your RV issues. The email service will fax your email info to Amish Family RV and then Orvan's wife will call you to set up an appointment. They are in high demand and you will likely get an appointment that's several months away.

Orvan's family is somewhat Amish traditional in that they don't have a motor vehicle, although he told me he had an older Cedar Creek 5th wheel, but someone had to pull it to a campground for them. His facility is electric, but his home, which is close, is not electric. They follow certain procedures in running their business in a way that adheres to Amish traditions.

Their address is: 11681 N. 600 West Ligonier, IN 46767 although the repair facility is at Orvan's home which is just a mile or two south of Topeka, IN.

Orvan knows Cedar Creek products very well. He worked there for 17 years and his BIL worked their for 15. They have some other workers on staff that likely worked for CC. The CC factory is on the west side of Topeka, which is a fairly small town surrounded by a lot of Amish farms. He did a nice job on my 2015 Silverback and took care of several items I hadn't known about. He's very thorough and a good guy.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
you wouldn't have their number,,,
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear of your problem. But Orvan Fry at Amish Family RV Repair is absolutely top notch. Not only will he fix your problem he will find and repair things you didn't even know were problems. We just got home from having him fix our CC. We knew the bedroom slide floor was bad. We kept caulking where we thought the water was intruding. It turns out that wasn't the source of our water intrusion at all. It was a design problem. Unbeknownst to us, the floor of the curbside slide was also de-laminating. This was also due to a design problem. He replaced the floors in both in one day along with other items he noted. His bill was quite reasonable(on a 2013 trailer) and he got the factory to participate in the repair because of the faulty design. We will be going back to him if we have any other problems crop up.