cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cabin filte

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
I recently changed the cabin filter in my car. Having never done so in my Silverado, I started researching it. Finding nothing on that subject on-line, I called the local dealership: the 2011 Silverado has no cabin filter.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
10 REPLIES 10

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
My 13 Tahoe LTZ has the spot on the air box where you cut, then install the filter and cap.
Google it.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I changed the one in my 2002 Silverado for the first time tonight. The fan was blowing kinda weak, so I figured after 17 years and231k miles it was time. The air blows much harder now.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
gmckenzie wrote:
I had an 01 GMC 2500HD.

Bought it off my father.

He owned it 8 yrs or so and I'd had it a couple of years. Did the same thing. Changed the cabin filter in the car and started looking into adding one to the truck.

Turns out the 01's came with one. I didn't know and my father didn't know. After 11 or so yrs that thing was black. Changed it and all of the sudden my fan blew way more air ๐Ÿ™‚

They dropped it in 02 or 03.

yes, they dropped it then brought it back. Our 2015 has one, both my mercedes have two. a regular paper filter and a charcoal filter canister. normally air only goes the paper filter, but in areas with air, like going near a skunk, feedlots etc. you can select the charcoal filter. does an amazing job of taking out the smell!
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
I had an 01 GMC 2500HD.

Bought it off my father.

He owned it 8 yrs or so and I'd had it a couple of years. Did the same thing. Changed the cabin filter in the car and started looking into adding one to the truck.

Turns out the 01's came with one. I didn't know and my father didn't know. After 11 or so yrs that thing was black. Changed it and all of the sudden my fan blew way more air ๐Ÿ™‚

They dropped it in 02 or 03.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did this mod on my 07 a number of years ago. You can get the factory filters by looking for the earlier trucks at any auto parts store. The factory setup is 2 filters, the first one goes up and then slides to the front then the second one goes in. They are a tight fit and won't try to fall out like the one in the video. If I remember right I made the door from a piece of aluminum that I had around.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jamesu wrote:
I recently changed the cabin filter in my car. Having never done so in my Silverado, I started researching it. Finding nothing on that subject on-line, I called the local dealership: the 2011 Silverado has no cabin filter.

Silverado has no cabin filter, and you changed it anyway?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
My 2016 GMC Canyon has one
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
At one point GM had a conversion kit for Silverado\Sierra customers who complained of excess interior dust. There are also retro-fit kits available. The video shows what to cut to open up the slot for the filter.

Dorman Cabin Filter kit for Silverado\Sierra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6s-WcF3dLc
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always assumed most vehicles didn't have cabin filters.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I don't have one in my 13 SuperDuty either. It seems the cars/suvs have them. I would think the 1/2 ton trucks would have them, as many are used for daily use passenger vehicles.

Jerry