Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: RV lifestyle...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> RV lifestyle...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess Im somewhere in the middle of the road. When I pull up, I level, hook up water and electric, take out the chairs, maybe deploy awning and pop a cold one.

Im usually not ready to immediately unhook and head out to see the sites. I like to relax after a days drive.

Shortly therafter, I'll pull out the grill etc, if we are cooking, or we get ready to try some local fine dining.

Maybe between that time, wife pulls out some of the yard art, which Im fine with. She deploys it where she wants, I re-deploy upon completion of our trip.

If Im at a full hook up site, I don't even hook up the sewer line until Im about ready to dump, or if Im bored... which ain't often.

Takes me less than an hour to setup. Certainly can't get it done in 5-7 minutes like some say. Im not in that big of a hurry. Heck, it probably takes me longer than that to unhook and level. I actually enjoy puttering around setting up.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Maybe this discussion hints at why boondockers are so happy ... no other campers are around to see how the boondockers are camping, and no other campers are around for the boondockers to see how the other campers are camping. [emoticon]

I miss this before-wife camping.

Just pull down the back seat of my SUV and sleep on insta-air mat and cover of sleeping bag (when it's cold) on the floor.

* This post was edited 08/04/19 03:22pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

If Im at a full hook up site, I don't even hook up the sewer line until Im about ready to dump, or if Im bored... which ain't often.

Mike

You are so wise kemosabe!

I had to endure a night of stinky sleep when I made a dump while hooked up and forgot to close the flap to the dark tank.

The smell of other people's waste came wafting into the inside of the RV because I'm too lazy to go out in the cold to close it. And I thought opening the windows will do it.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

paddykernahan wrote:

Now that we have a class B+/C-, have a two minute set-up time.
Never hook up to water or sewer.
No toad so want to be mobile at any time.
Only hook up to 15/20 amp.

I think those of us who don't have toads or tow vehicles, tend to set up a bit simpler, just because a run to the grocery store means disconnecting the vehicle (plus we don't have much room to bring a lot of "stuff" along)

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

paddykernahan wrote:

Now that we have a class B+/C-, have a two minute set-up time.
Never hook up to water or sewer.
No toad so want to be mobile at any time.
Only hook up to 15/20 amp.

I think those of us who don't have toads or tow vehicles, tend to set up a bit simpler, just because a run to the grocery store means disconnecting the vehicle (plus we don't have much room to bring a lot of "stuff" along)
We are that way also - only get out the chairs when we are going to sit in them, and then put them away when we're done. Put water in the tank and no hook ups to water or sewer. Ready to fly anytime.

What's weird is we camp that way whether with our B or with our trailer. I guess we were always B folks even back when we only had a trailer.

We do enjoy seeing the folks that have pink flamingos and palm trees. No judgement - just not us.

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

DustyR

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I camp solo and when I'm on the road, need battery power for my CPAP. I can alway start the generator and thats not too much fuss. I nearly always do any shopping before I get to the site. Walmart etc will work on the off nights.
I would say when traveling I'm a minalast, hook up the shore power and thats about it.
I enjoy taking my travel companion Merlin (Keeshond) on a leash and walking and chatting and observing the many sights. Morning walks I always have a coffee cup, good conversation starters.
I guess what ever floats your boat or the Pink Flamingos.

Coachmen Denali 270FK 32 Ft.
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

DarkSkySeeker

Freestone, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

We do enjoy seeing the folks that have pink flamingos and palm trees. No judgement - just not us.

Ditto. I watched a guy set up his whirly-gig wind toys and flamingo-like ornaments. He did it really fast. He was skilled and experienced in setting up all the ornaments quickly. In a way I envied him since it seemed he was productive, but on the other hand, I knew I would never put up such stuff.

There is something special about camping in an RV.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DustyR wrote:

I camp solo and when I'm on the road, need battery power for my CPAP. I can alway start the generator and thats not too much fuss. I nearly always do any shopping before I get to the site. Walmart etc will work on the off nights.
I would say when traveling I'm a minalast, hook up the shore power and thats about it.
I enjoy taking my travel companion Merlin (Keeshond) on a leash and walking and chatting and observing the many sights. Morning walks I always have a coffee cup, good conversation starters.
I guess what ever floats your boat or the Pink Flamingos.

For all we know, decorating is their passion and enjoy doing it.

And for us, it's sightseeing or sitting around on our easy chairs under the pines seeping a cold ones.

You are right, whatever floats.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

... pink flamingos and palm trees. No judgement - just not us.

And I thought you were joking about the palm trees. Saw in CW that they are indeed selling them -- at $99, lol.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/19 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pull in, level and deploy slides from the driver seat. Extend awning and unroll mat (yes, a big 8'x20' so I can make sure to kill the grass[emoticon]), and put my cooler outside on that mat. I'll plug in to electric, but use the freshwater tank and don't dump til I'm ready to head home. At that point (only about 15-20 minutes) I'm reaching for a cold one.

Chairs come out only as needed, and the BBQ grille and sink table if it's getting close to dinner time. DW does put out the Flamingo, and I'll eventually get around to the flagpole.

Now if you really want entertainment, go somewhere with a boat launch ramp and set your chair in view of it![emoticon]

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> RV lifestyle...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS