cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assistance

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for info about the best "backup" roadside assistance plan, (just in case it is needed) I have "AAA" Auto/House/RV Plus now, and must keep it all in order get the good rates I have on the Auto & House, and the RV Plus cost is only $30 a year with the total package.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
16 REPLIES 16

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
My vote goes for Coach Net

Good luck with your choice ๐Ÿ™‚
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Good Sam. They had no sense of urgency when I would call. I have Coach Net now and every time I call, they have that sense of urgency. I cannot say enough good things about Coach Net.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
When my daughter was going to college in the late 1990s, I covered her with AAA. She had trouble with the battery / alternator / fusible link between the two. This resulted in 3 requests for assistance. I got a letter advising me if there was one more call it would be at my expense. I dropped them immediately and have never given them another chance and won't either.

The CoachNet of old is not the present CoachNet. It's been taken over by an investment company. They lost many good people right afterward. One of them started another roadside assistance company - Saferide Motor Club. http://saferide.vehicleadminservices.com/ Saferide was chosen by FMCA to provide roadside assistance for their members. Along with roadside assistance they provide several other services to members: http://fmcara.vehicleadminservices.com/

I dropped CoachNet and went with FMCA's offering and I'm going to continue to renew my membership with them.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Been using Coach Net Service since July 2006 and have only used their service a couple of times and most satisfied with them.

Good luck with your choice ๐Ÿ™‚
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
I received this letter from GS Roadside Assistance dated July 8,2019 and it reads: Notice of Cancellation of your membership which is GS Roadside Assistance to your Platinum GS Roadside Assistance program. In order to maintain quality service with outstanding value. We make assumptions pertaining to the average costs associated with individual memberships and from time to time memberships are cancelled where individual membership costs significantly exceed those averages. Your memberships utilization falls outside our normal guidelines and as such we have cancelled your memberships please refer to the membership and cancellation policy in your member benefit for mor information. I had been with them for 10 years and had used their service 1 time up until recently when I had battery jumps and ending up having to be towed. Their service was great up until this.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I have AAA for RV's never a problem who ever said 30 dollars a year is not on this planet. I had Good sams had a key broken off in lock in ignition on a friday there fix was to tow it to a garage and let it sit over weekend and wait till went ever to get to it. My wife call AAA fixed it on the spot with in 1 hour it was on the road. When I call to cancel good sams they wanted to know why. They called me back wanted to make it right by giving me a extra month when they asked why I told them. Then they tell me I could take out a upper step on there for more money. I asked why they didn't offer it when I got it no answer I hung up then.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Coach Net, Good Sam, and now FMCA. The FMCA roadside assistance far surpasses any we have had, both in cost and service. Good luck.
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Massachusetts, my AAA Plus only covered cars. I inquired about RV's and was told Mass. AAA does not have any RV coverage. I went with Coach-Net. I've since moved and that may have changed, worth checking into before any travel.
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
haste maker wrote:
Looking for info about the best "backup" roadside assistance plan, (just in case it is needed) I have "AAA" Auto/House/RV Plus now, and must keep it all in order get the good rates I have on the Auto & House, and the RV Plus cost is only $30 a year with the total package.

Not sure if you have AAA and "must keep" AAA why you would looking at anything else. AAA likely has the largest towing system in the US and $30/year is very cheap.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
DFord wrote:
FMCA Roadside Assistance - $74/year.

Membership in FMCA = $60/year includes repatriation of your RV and occupants and you or your remains at no extra charge. You couldn't buy this kind of coverage by itself for that kind of money on your own.

X2
2010 Suncruiser

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
When choosing a RA program you have to, I believe, look into whats covered and how. Example how far will they tow your unit, where will they tow your unit to. To me those are the important ones, I think there is a big difference between AAA and GS FMCA over those points. Check it out that way.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
some where I read that AAA is only good in your home state, don,t no if thats a fact or not. coach net has been good to us ,and you can understand the person on the phone,never could understand why they have people on the phone who don,t speak english. used three times with great service each time.

AAA is good in all the states, not just your home state.

AAA has taken good care of us all over the country so I wouldn't be paying for any other coverage from another company.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA Roadside Assistance - $74/year.

Membership in FMCA = $60/year includes repatriation of your RV and occupants and you or your remains at no extra charge. You couldn't buy this kind of coverage by itself for that kind of money on your own.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We have been very satisfied with Good Sam towing insurance.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee