cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door stop--or whatever its called

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whatever it is that holds the door open on my Monaco isn't working. Acts like its not even there. Had an adult not schooled on these and he was yanking on it but it didn't stop working till the next day. I don't see anything that resembles the one on my Winnebago. Anyone help???
6 REPLIES 6

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, been home a few days and fixed it. The end attached to the door frame must have had a pin in it to attach to the arm. Had a hole in the piece attached to the door frame and a hole in the arm. So, I removed the piece from the door frame, cut the head off of a bolt the proper size, welded it into the hole in the piece that mounts in the door frame, distorted the threads so nut would not come off, (I hope) and attached it to the arm on the door with a nut. It seems to work perfect and I see no reason that it won't last.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still haven't got to it------stand by

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, I found the arms in the retracted position on top of the door. Looks like it broke loose at the other end. Never had any problem with the original set up so will first see if I can fix it.....will be gone a few days but will let you know the outcome.....thanks everyone.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
About every 5-6 years I have to bend the end that sticks out past the pivot so it has more force when it goes into the dimple on the other arm. A large crescent wrench works well and it doesnโ€™t take much bending to tighten it up.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a write-up on replacing the door locking swing arm with a gas strut. Lots of people have done this upgrade with success. There is also info on buying a replacement arm if you want to stay stock.

http://www.visualsc.com/Monaco_door_gas_strut_upgrade.pdf
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will find alot of detail on this part in the Monaco Facebook pages. I replaced mine with a shock and it works great. My old hinge would let the door get open and then not be able to close unless I touched it by hand. That was a pain.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi