cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wet bolts/Correct Track

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Started installing wet bolts today and found that my correct track bolts are welded to the adjustment piece. Any ideas how to get a wet bolt in? Has anyone else had this and what did you do? Thought of using a cut off wheel on Dremel but afraid hole will be elongated by time I get the bolt out due to weld.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
2 REPLIES 2

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went ahead and took a side grinder and cut the weld out and got the bolt out. Ground plate flat and then turned it around and put it in the back and brought that plate up front. The wet bolt was correct length but didn't really dig into the front plate. I only did 1 of the 4 and left the other 3 as is until I can contact Lippert Monday. Your thought on the reason for the weld makes sense.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Call Lippert and ask for new octagon parts. Will the wet bolts be the correct length with the Correct Track parts? Will the wet bolt knurling properly engage the Correct Track parts?

Another option would be to drill the current bolts.

Your photo shows that the bolt head would push against the vertical part and the weld would prevent rotation preventing loosening of the bolt. It appears that the standard Correct Track bolts have no knurling and that may allow loosening.