cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drip Rail/Rain Gutter On Front Nose of Cabover

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
I remember seeing someone on here that installed a drip rail/rain gutter on the front nose of their cabover, but I cannot find the post in numerous searches? I just purchased 25' of flexible RV rain gutter with 3M automotive adhesive on the back to make a drip rail to help keep my trucks windshield cleaner (chalky crud on the windshield) and also a piece over the sliding window between the cab/camper to help keep rain out while driving.

If anyone has done this modification or can find the post I'd really appreciate any tips.

RV Drip Rail
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

5 REPLIES 5

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Finished cleaning the exterior up and then finally getting my gutters installed on the front nose and above/below the slider behind the cab.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB

gvgeode
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I used to stop the drips onto the windshield.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IGF1KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2010 F-450, 6.4PSD, CC, DRW, 4X4, 60 gal fuel tank
2009 Lance 1055

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I missed the original thread on this subject or I would have thrown my $ into the mix. I had a problem with my Lance soon after I bought it. To fix the problem I bought some thin narrow window foam and just added it to the factory foam. That fix has been in place about 12 years.
Another problem was that when I opened the doors on my Chevy 2500 in the rain water would drip onto the window controls, fixed that with flexible gutter. That's been installed about 9years.

Now here is something I came up with a few years ago. My Lance has slider windows when it rains, well it rains in. I went to the locale auto parts and bought a set of Vent Shades, they stick on with 3M tape. Now I have lost two of them from wind after they were on after about 6 years. The third is still with me. They did not correct the problem fully but they did help some.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
jplante4 wrote:
Here's the thread.

Thank you, that was the thread about the leaking front slider. I also remember seeing a photo of a drip rail on the front nose of the cabover like this.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the thread.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox