Link 1
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
27 REPLIES 27

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's an update from Mr. Truck.

Chevy Engineer and Mr Truck and at the end of the video a 6.6 gas engine pulling 12k pounds.

Link

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
JTrac wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:
I like some of the camera features on my F350 but they could be more useful. I did not get the trailer mounted camera as it only works in reverse. I used to have a motorhome and was able to monitor traffic behind me. I wish the Ford worked that way. What is useful is the camera mounted on the cab stoplight. With its centering line I can hit my hitch just right every time. Without it I couldn't see it.

I did look at the new GM HD camera system on their website and it appears it will be much more useful. From what I could see you can use it as a full time rear monitor.

If you want to turn the Ford backup camera on while driving forward down the highway simply put the gearshift lever in reverse.

Man, I can't understand why I didn't come up with that solution. I'll give it a try next time we are out and let you know how it works out.

It works. I've done it to switch on the bed camera to view what I have in the box.

Okay, I'll bite. Thought you were making a joke. You are aren't you?

The first time I tried selecting reverse at highway speed to engage the camera was with with my 2007 Yukon Denali. It worked as expected.... the computer would not perform the shift but the camera switched on. Since then I've done it on various occasions with my Fords. I expected either the gear shift would be locked to make selecting reverse impossible or the computer would override the gear selection and refuse to make the shift. Looking back I'm a little surprised I had the nerve to try it because years ago I had an old customized truck with a 535 cubic inch engine and a C6 automatic. It wasn't set up quite right and it had to be manually shifted. Well once I accidentally hit reverse trying to go from 2nd to drive. I'm not sure what order things happened in but the shift was made; the engine stalled; the rear wheels skidded and the tail shaft housing on the transmission broke.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Nice fab on the step!

Thank you!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:
I like some of the camera features on my F350 but they could be more useful. I did not get the trailer mounted camera as it only works in reverse. I used to have a motorhome and was able to monitor traffic behind me. I wish the Ford worked that way. What is useful is the camera mounted on the cab stoplight. With its centering line I can hit my hitch just right every time. Without it I couldn't see it.

I did look at the new GM HD camera system on their website and it appears it will be much more useful. From what I could see you can use it as a full time rear monitor.

If you want to turn the Ford backup camera on while driving forward down the highway simply put the gearshift lever in reverse.

Man, I can't understand why I didn't come up with that solution. I'll give it a try next time we are out and let you know how it works out.

It works. I've done it to switch on the bed camera to view what I have in the box.

Okay, I'll bite. Thought you were making a joke. You are aren't you?
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
JTrac wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:

B&W Companion

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Nice fab on the step!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I love the "Allison Branded" statements. Why not call it what it is?

Side bed step is useless. To make the side step be functional it needs to be back by the front of the rear tire to comfortably reach the tool box and 5er hitch.

Have you used this step in these new vehicles that were shipped from Flint MI last week? Or is this just your opinion?

I know from personal experience that position is useless on a longbed DRW truck. Don't believe me put a small step stool at the front of the bed and try to reach the 5er hitch handle.

AMP makes a bedstep that mounts at the front of the bed, my Dad bought one and installed on his LB DRW RAM realized it was useless to reach hitch or get into tool box with the lid open. He returned it.

So I put my genius skills to use and built a bedstep that's placement actually does some good. I built one for my 11 DRW LB and was happy with how it worked so I built one for my Dad. He loves it!

For your viewing pleasure a properly mounted bed step that no one makes, besides me.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Side bed step is useless. To make the side step be functional it needs to be back by the front of the rear tire to comfortably reach the tool box and 5er hitch.

Have you used this step in these new vehicles that were shipped from Flint MI last week? Or is this just your opinion?
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's TFL's report on Chevy's new HD trucks.

Link

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
JTrac wrote:

JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
JTrac wrote:

B&W Companion

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Chevy and GM always seem to produce markedly different looking front clips. Good and bad in that. Sometimes the GMC is the ugly duckling, sometimes the Chevy.
I really like the new 1/2 ton Chevys. gmc not so much. New HDs, Chevy is fugly and the GMC looks pretty good. Although after driving a 19 Silverado 1500 for the last month, there's too much plastic **** on the front, even though it looks nice, it doesn't look durable as a truck.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
Dang ugly front end. Mom needs a new SUV next year, I sure hope the new Tahoeโ€™s are not a copy in 2021.

Yes they are ugly, no paper bag big enough to cover the face of that truck

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel