cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyo Tires for Our Tioga 26Q

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
A respected RV service/repair shop is offering to replace our ten year old Michelin tires with six Toyo LT225/75R 16/10 115/12S for $1153.44 I was told that the Toyo's are "as good as the Michelins" but $130 cheaper per tire. We are interested in safety and reliability also in saving money on the new set of tires. I have read a few statements by satisfied Toyo users but Toyo is not usually mentioned in reviews as one of the "best" RV tires. Not meaning to start a long winded debate but would like some advice on Michelin VS other "best" brands from experienced users.
9 REPLIES 9

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Bordercollie - Toyo tires are fine, had them on our Class B; will get them on our Class C when it's ready. Since you have a CA address may I suggest that you check with Les Schwab, they are a high quality tire dealer and will treat you fairly and their prices are always quite reasonable.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you get them be sure to check the MFG Date to make sure they aren't selling you old tires.
I had all mine mounted so you could see the dates facing out.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody, have ordered a set of Toyo's Open Country tires as part of an extensive service and repair package from "Ray A Motive" in Bellflower, CA . The price quoted by RAM was very close to the price quoted by trusted Allen Tire in Westminster, CA. Allen tire assured me that Toyo's would be fine on our Tioga 26Q and around $360 cheaper than equivalent Michelins. 'Ray A Motive' is a large fully equipped RV service and auto mechanic place that comes highly recommended locally.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
I have Toyo Open Country H/T LT225/75R-16 10 Ply E on my MH, this is the second MH I have used these on and they are great.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had Toyos on a one ton Ford a couple of times. They have lasted up to 60,000 miles and are quiet. Plenty of tread choices.

steelhunter
Explorer
Explorer
Toyos are top quality.

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Toyo's are a good brand. I'd have no worries.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I've had them on my RV since 2011. I'm on my second set.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Toyo tires on a couple of cars over the years, but never on my motorhome (only because it's not time to replace the MH tires yet). I've had great results with Toyo passenger tires. Smooth ride, good tread life. Personally I would not hesitate to use Toyo tires on my motorhome.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J