Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of House Battery 1989 Coachmen Dearborn Van Camper

Vintageair
Explorer
Explorer
Hi-
I have an embarrassing question. I am looking at an ‘89 Coachmen Dearborn Van Camper in LA. I have no idea where the house battery is located. Can anyone help with a foolish newbie question? This model has a small shower in the back on the drivers side and I cannot locate the battery to save my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Josh
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If the Interior RV lights and 12 volt systems function, disconnect the engine hood area battery. IF those systems go dead, there is NO RV coach battery and the Ford chassis battery supplies power to both. Doug

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
On my 1990 Coachmen the coach battery was under the hood on the passenger side
fender.
john 'I am Canadian'

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about that model, but our Class B had the coach battery under the front passenger seat that was accessible from a pop off panel in the side of the seat support when the passenger door is open. Also, coach batteries in some van models can be fitted in a box under the floor just inside the rear doors. Both are places you might check.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know that specific rig but I have tinkered with a few class B's and van conversions.

My best guess would be under the hood on the passenger side or underneath the van on the passenger side just behind the passenger door.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....