cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wax on Wax off.

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
31 footer seems to grow when you try to wash and wax it all.
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby
16 REPLIES 16

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I use Nu Finish. It is a polymer that can last up to one year.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Today I finished my wash/wax. First day is a wash. Second day,wax the roof ( fiberglass roof) 3rd day, one side and the front, 4th day the other side and rear. I'm good to go for 6 months now. We hit the road in a week, and will be gone several months. I might get to wash it if we hit a cg that allows it.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It' a criminal offense to wipe a Coach's surface with a rag with or without anything on it, without rinsing and washing it first with clean suds each stroke. The punishment is spider webbing big time. Dust(grit) dirt(grit) leaves all kinds of nice expensive to remove spider webs.
Now back to regular programming.
I use the Meguires spray polish(whatever the name is) wash off and then Meguires spray synthetic wax. When I say I use, I mean I use to. I may again if I find someone with Grandchildren at a campground in desperate need of fireworks money. You can not pay me enough or my ER bill to polish and wax 40 ft no wait,40+40++9+9= 98 ft x 13 ft 1,274 sq ft any more. Yes I wax the windshield and a bit of the top so that's 14,000 sq ft or so it seems.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
that's why God invented the yellow pages. :s

Who even uses the yellow pages ?, I thought they stopped making it over 5 years now..

Internet is the only way now..

:C

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use MeQuires cleaner wax. It removes some scratches, and removes oxidation, and leaves the gelcoat like new and slick as a babies butt. I won't use anything else.

Yes I know you can spray on shine stuff. but it does not remove oxidation, and imperfections in the gelcoat like cleaner wax does. So I'll stick with wax.

and I learned along time ago not to wash vehicles with dish detergent. It takes the wax off
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
My method. Use a microfiber cloth. Get it wet, squeeze out and wipe a section. Squeeze again, wipe some more.
rinse the cloth with clean water, squeeze and wipe. If desire, follow the wet wipe with a dry microfiber, especially windows. This can be done while set up without a hose or even a bucket IF, the MH isn't real dirty such as plastered with mud. I don't wax anymore. Our finish (2002) was very faded so wax didn't shine. So I found Zep Wet Look Floor Polish at Lowe. Wipe on with sponge, several coats and that's it for a year. I do wash the roof the conventional way 1 or 2 a year.

Just did the Zep method and it was very easy. 5 coats each 1/2 hour apart and it now shines. 03 Neptune washed first with Dawn and a bucket.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
folivier wrote:
Next time try WashWaxAll, it basically eliminates using water and wax. Works great and no problem using it at a campground where washing is not permitted. I've been using it for about 8 years now on my motorhome and cars.
https://washwax.com

X2 It is the best waterless wash and wax product I have ever found.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
My method. Use a microfiber cloth. Get it wet, squeeze out and wipe a section. Squeeze again, wipe some more.
rinse the cloth with clean water, squeeze and wipe. If desire, follow the wet wipe with a dry microfiber, especially windows. This can be done while set up without a hose or even a bucket IF, the MH isn't real dirty such as plastered with mud. I don't wax anymore. Our finish (2002) was very faded so wax didn't shine. So I found Zep Wet Look Floor Polish at Lowe. Wipe on with sponge, several coats and that's it for a year. I do wash the roof the conventional way 1 or 2 a year.
Jayco-noslide

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
What to use is another topic but I've been using Protect ALL for years with excellent results. I bought a WashWaxAll kit at a high price and still prefer Protect ALL. Washing isn't usually necessary unless the road grime is very heavy. Just spray it on, wipe it around and a little buffing to finish up. Like its name says, use it on everything. It works great to get the bugs off the windshield and makes the rubber around window look like new but it will turn your rag black doing it. It not only makes it shine but leaves a coating of UV protecterant behind. The vinyl on my 15+ year old previous MH didn't show any sign of cracking or checking even though the passenger side faced due south year around. My friend with the exact same MH used 303 and his vinyl failed miserably - it checked, crazed and faded. I couldn't convince him to switch to Protect ALL. You can find it in the RV section of most Walmarts. CW sells it by the gallon and I usually catch it on sale. Highly recommended! Spray it on, wipe it off and a little buffing. If you have to do much buffing, you're using too much.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I did the rear and passenger side a few weeks ago. Still need to do the drivers side and finish the front. Just been to busy!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Next time try WashWaxAll, it basically eliminates using water and wax. Works great and no problem using it at a campground where washing is not permitted. I've been using it for about 8 years now on my motorhome and cars.
https://washwax.com

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
C-172-AV8R wrote:
31 footer seems to grow when you try to wash and wax it all.

That is a 4 day job for me
Day 1: Roof and air conditioners (Wash and clean/maintain)
Day 2: Rest of RV (Wash)
Day 3: Front and one side
Day 4: Front other side and back
(I double wax the front)

Day 5: SLEEP.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Using a spray and wipe off โ€œwaxโ€ like Lucas Slick Mistโ€ makes the job easier. Can be applied wet or dry.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I never set out to do the whole thing at once. Just a small section. I usually end up doing a lot more - maybe finish the whole front end then give myself a rest before starting on the front half of one side - lots of time I finish the whole side before stopping again. Switch to the other side and finally the back. Keep on the shady side as much as possible.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System