Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Chevy DEF system failure
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy DEF system failure

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 02:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deleting has many issues.
Read any forum for any brand. MANY MANY posts from those with delete caused issues.

In spite of those, most seem happy to have done it.... I think they are rebels to the system.

IOW, no matter how much trouble it is, they are thrilled to rebel against the EPA emission stuff...
If that is you... Have at it. If not, then consider doing it carefully.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2011 Silverado CC DA big dually.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 02:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deleting has many issues.
Read any forum for any brand. MANY MANY posts from those with delete caused issues.

In spite of those, most seem happy to have done it.... I think they are rebels to the system.

IOW, no matter how much trouble it is, they are thrilled to rebel against the EPA emission stuff...
If that is you... Have at it. If not, then consider doing it carefully.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 03 has none of that garbage, not even a cat. I have to test it once a year because of its age at the cost of $75 per test. Funny how it comes back with ZERO emissions, count e’m ZERO. Now don’t make me have to go out in the rain and get the report out of my glove box and copy it so I have to post it. But, I will. [emoticon]

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Sport45

Not far enough from Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

My 03 has none of that garbage, not even a cat. I have to test it once a year because of its age at the cost of $75 per test. Funny how it comes back with ZERO emissions, count e’m ZERO. Now don’t make me have to go out in the rain and get the report out of my glove box and copy it so I have to post it. But, I will. [emoticon]

If you can smell or see the exhaust it has emissions.

’19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

stand behind your 03 and take a wiff when running.

Then stand behind a 2015 when running and take a wiff.

Unless your nose is non functioning, you WILL tell the difference.

The 03's are reasonably clean compared to way before but still has soot and NO2 emissions that ARE noticeable and higher than a 15 or so.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog, I’d like to hear about these many issues with deleted trucks.
And leave out the “I blew my trans after deleting (and 100hp tune and bigger injectors” type of issues.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TugCE wrote:

My Brother In Law (2012 3500 Dually with about 120,000 miles on it) was up in Alaska with his Truck Camper last Summer when the DEF Heater went south and put him into Limp Mode. They had to fly one in for him and that took about a week!

He is really considering deleting it but I told him about Canada being tough on people deleting. They go up to and through Canada quite a lot and after I brought it up he is rethinking the idea.

Unless your BIl plans on stopping and titling and registering the truck in Canada on the way through, I’m not sure what the issue would be.
Canada doesn’t give a schitt what you drive through with, emissions wise.
I’m sure you could still get a ticket for rolling coal out of a 8” exhaust tip onto a group of children Waiting for the school bus on the corner if that’s what you mean.
Btw, we delete stuff in Canada too when it doesn’t work right.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy DEF system failure
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS