cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody ever heard of this HD Antenna technology

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
This device is being pushed on the Woot website. Woot's owned by Amazon as most know. How does it work?

NEVER PAY FOR CABLE AGAIN
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
27 REPLIES 27

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Well using this new super antenna I have saved millions of dollars in cable bills. I felt so grateful that I wanted to share the wealth with others but I just didn't have the time. I contacted my uncle who is a prince in Nigeria if he could help out and randomly select people to get some money through ATM cards. Unfortunately due to customs or corrupt govt officials he finds this hard to do. If you do get an email from him just work with him on it, its totally legit

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
at home i was able to see all chicago stations except cbs using a straightened paper clip as an "antenna".

Thats because you need an HD paperclip. Fortunately for you I do sell them but not really sure if its legal for me to sell you this as it has the possibilities to overwhelm your tv set with the amount of channels it will pull in. If you want to take the leap then let me know and we can work out a payment plan but dont wait long as this military grade clips will sell fast!

lmao! well, the paperclip was one of those larger ones. i'm a ham and had a TV in the shack and had not yet run the coax to that room. had a paperclip lying on the desk and wondered...gave it a shot as a lark and was stunned when it worked. the house is in the primary service area for chicago tv stations...roughly 25-mi west of downtown. the cbs station (wbbm, ch 2) has since moved ops to the ch-13 freq and who knows, maybe the paper clip would bring in that station now. i'm sure it helped that my set was on rhe second floor against an outside wall.

of course the point of the story was that just about anything can work as an antenna if you're close enough to the txmt site and that the term..HD antenna is pure BS marketing.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like the Paperclip
The 100 channels claim is about the only legitimate thing in the entire ad for that antenna.. WHY do I say this

Well every TV station has (Somewhere in it's files and often on line) a "Footprint" map.. This is the chart of where you can and can not watch them and also just how much antenna you need. For example where I grew up we were in the "Dark" for all TV stations.. but thanks to a 100' Tower and I think Channel Master's #2 Signal Sucker (Antenna) we got many stations.. What can I say. I installed the mast head amplifier.. at the top of that 100' Tower.. I'm acrophobic so you got to know I had the proper safety gear up there to insure I came down in a nice controlled manner.. one step at a time.. not the 3-second express (SPLAT) way.

So what they did was research and find the one place on earth where you could get 100 "Stations" with that antenna. Took it there, hookd it up and verified. Then they publish the ad.. Ask them they can give you the address where it's true.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
at home i was able to see all chicago stations except cbs using a straightened paper clip as an "antenna".

Thats because you need an HD paperclip. Fortunately for you I do sell them but not really sure if its legal for me to sell you this as it has the possibilities to overwhelm your tv set with the amount of channels it will pull in. If you want to take the leap then let me know and we can work out a payment plan but dont wait long as this military grade clips will sell fast!

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
CincyGus wrote:
https://best-hd-antenna.com/ceevoo-antenna-review/
Review

lmao! p.t. was right..
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://best-hd-antenna.com/ceevoo-antenna-review/
Review
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
Yeah I've heard of all the OTA antennas out there but was wondering if this was something different.

No new amazing technology. My hand made antenna, with a broom stick and bent wire actually worked amazingly well, but I wanted even more distance.

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:
Yeah I've heard of all the OTA antennas out there but was wondering if this was something different.

No new amazing technology. My hand made antenna, with a broom stick and bent wire actually worked amazingly well, but I wanted even more distance.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looked at it. Lots of hype. Not a lot of performance.
Now if you are in a "Dense" area (like perhaps Los-Angles or NYC) you might get "Hundreds of Free (Over the air) stations.

But I guarantee that antenna will not outperform a properly aimed Winegard Sensar IV with Sensar pro. Can not inf act for HEIGHT IS MIGHT at VHF/UHF frequencies and that sucker is designed to go "Down low" (window or shelf)

I have used that general type of antenna in the past. THey DO work. but not all that well. Been around for .. Well since last century at least.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
gatorcq wrote:

Frequencies never change - UHF where all HD signals are derived from still sue the same old antennas that our parents used. Even those that had a RF amplifier installed.

The broadcast TV channels are spread over both VHF and UHF frequencies. "HD" formatting has no relationship to the channel a station is assigned to. You are correct though, that the same old antennas, both VHF and UHF, continue to work just as well today as they did "back when".
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Number of Over-the-Air Channels in Top 10 Cities in the US

So how many channels can you get for free with an antenna? We looked at the top 10 cities by population in the United States and found the following:

New York: 73 channels
Los Angeles: 157 channels
Chicago: 68 channels
Houston: 93 channels
Philadelphia: 58 channels
Phoenix: 78 channels
San Antonio: 42 channels
San Diego: 36 channels
Dallas: 98 channels
San Jose: 107 channels

I can speak about a few of those cities. Many of the stations received are Hispanic.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
I always laugh when companies & people spot all the hype -
Get HP Over the air with this super-duper-device.

Frequencies never change - UHF where all HD signals are derived from still sue the same old antennas that our parents used. Even those that had a RF amplifier installed.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If you need an antenna, I can say these work. We are about 80-120 miles from the transmitters and get decent coverage. I had large (10-12' long) traditional antennas with a $75 amp, and these seem to do as well.
It does work better than the batwing most RV's have , but would require setup each time you move. And they seem to go bad after about 5 years, we have had 2. Rotor is poor with no means of tracking where its pointed.

antenna

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
. How does it work?

NEVER PAY FOR CABLE AGAIN
It works best as a wedge to separate you from your hard earned money. It relies on the digital encryption of your credit card information to seamlessly extract currency from your account. Then it relies on a human's natural instinct to not admit they were scammed when they find out they just paid a premium price for a set of rabbit ears (tinfoil not included).

Good one :B:B
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI