cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Closing Junction City, OR pant

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
So much for the old Country Coach facility?

KEZI - Eugene, OR

"JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Winnebago Industries has announced they'll be letting go of 220 employees at their Junction City plant.

Company officials said the change comes as they move their diesel manufacturing to Iowa.

The Junction City plant has 250 workers and does diesel production for large RVs, as well as parts and services.

Officials said the layoffs are only impacting diesel production employees and they plan to keep the parts and services operation going. They said the transition will be completed by this fall, but the layoffs could start as early as April.
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.
6 REPLIES 6

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think they are preparing for the future Millennial market, which has shown to be very weak.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion, Winnebago seem to be consolidating lineups and reducing the number of different models in there A class line up (gas and diesel)

The Diesel A class, lineup up has been reduced to the Horizon and the Forza. Gone are the Grand Tour (only listed because of dealer new stock, the Tour and Horizon. The Horizon seems to be priced between the Horizon and Tour.
They have also simplified the Gas A class lineup, even after dropping the Itasca name. To me it looks like they are concentrating more on the smaller C class lineups.

Just my thoughts
Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Y-Guy
Well that is a bummer. I love my Winnebago, but the plus to buying another one would be having it built here and able to pick it up. I hope they keep the service center open though.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
It was known early on that Winnie would never build another Country Coach Oh well, good things come to pass.

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
That is a way to shut down future competition. The way motorhomes are selling they could have revived real high end units.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Centralizing in Iowa makes business sense.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad