cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Puerto Angel

MikeJinCO
Explorer
Explorer
Is Rancho Los Mangos(?) in PA still there. In Palenque at the Mayabel and it is much smaller and all people here from Europe. Been cautioned by several Mexicans to not go further south in Chiapas due to highway bandits.
4 REPLIES 4

Talleyho69
Now it's marginally legal in some states in Mexico, but we were always very uncomfortable staying in places where many of the other campers were openly smoking pot, eating the local mushrooms and did not hesitate to run around topless (females) and occasionally exit the shower building naked and walking up to the top where they had their hammocks.

PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG!!!! I'm not saying that I don't engage in these behaviors or that I condemn them, but I don't think it is appropriate to do in most places in Mexico, particularly there. So, they made us uncomfortable to camp near.

The last time we stayed there was 3 years ago, and then it appeared that the police drive and walk throughs had really been scaled back.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
Mayabel has ALWAYS been almost strictly European. First few times we stayed there we were embarrassed by some of the behavior we saw, then we realized that they weren't from the US, so didn't care anymore!

Elaborate on the "behavior". It might be an incentive to go, lol.

MikeJinCO
Explorer
Explorer
Rancho Los Mangos in Puerto Angel???

We love it here, we love the interactions with the Europeans, Aussies(one couple driving a Tuk-Tuk around) and the Mexicans. Where we won't go is the typical American only wintering spots.

Talleyho69
Mayabel has ALWAYS been almost strictly European. First few times we stayed there we were embarrassed by some of the behavior we saw, then we realized that they weren't from the US, so didn't care anymore!