cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote Thermometer for OVEN

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one installed a remote thermometer in their oven? If so how did you do it and where did you place the sensor and the meter?
10 REPLIES 10

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suspect producing a transmitter that would withstand 500 degree oven temps would be quite costly and involve exotic electronic components. So you get a couple of wires instead and the electronics are outside the oven.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
We got this one. It has a wire sticking out of the oven door, but we don't care.
The one above has wires coming out of the door as well
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Look into itemp. U might like it
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We got this one. It has a wire sticking out of the oven door, but we don't care.

Remote Oven Thermometer

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
I got this bluetooth thermometer, seems to work well so far: Amazon

It has two probes, one for the oven the other for the food.

Great idea, have one simular to this I use at home when doing pork shoulders, rib roasts and whole chickens on the grill. About to change the controller on the grill to one that has wireless probes built in so am sure the existing one will find its way to the RV.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If you can wait 20 days try here:
AliExpress

Basically the China version of EBay
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
I went to the link. A great idea and wife will probably jump on it.
It is for inserting probe into meats etc isn't it? I jsut had injections in my eyes and may have not read it
well enough.... However there is no thermometer to tell you what the temp of the oven is, in our case anyway reliably. I've not been inside the mh in a while but the knob just has power level setting I think . Something like that might work if you can affix it somewhere in the oven and it would endure repeated heating and cooling to around 350 degrees to 425 degree I think mostly

It has two probe, a sharp one for the meat and a blunt one for the oven. You use them both at the same time. The read out which is wireless shows both temps at once and has a timer too.
Superbumper

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a similar BT unit at Lowe's (Home Depot has it as well but it was $10 more....they price match!).
It's only one probe so I used it to set the oven temp I wanted and then used it as a meat probe to get a PERFECT Christmas rib roast. Pretty as a picture!
Weber iGrill.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I went to the link. A great idea and wife will probably jump on it.
It is for inserting probe into meats etc isn't it? I jsut had injections in my eyes and may have not read it
well enough.... However there is no thermometer to tell you what the temp of the oven is, in our case anyway reliably. I've not been inside the mh in a while but the knob just has power level setting I think . Something like that might work if you can affix it somewhere in the oven and it would endure repeated heating and cooling to around 350 degrees to 425 degree I think mostly

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got this bluetooth thermometer, seems to work well so far: Amazon

It has two probes, one for the oven the other for the food.
Superbumper