cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS recommendations

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
I’m considering the TireMinder A1A for my 32’ Coleman TT. Signal booster to the monitor in the truck. Looks like I’ll need bolt-on valve stems for the trailer, replacing the high pressure rubber. 80 psi max load pressure for the Goodyear Endurance tires.
Dual axle...

Having blown a tire on a forest service road, with trailer damage, a TPMS seems a good idea for the trips planned next season.

Ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV
6 REPLIES 6

archbarb
Explorer
Explorer
The TST 507 system has been great for me. Am going on 8 years with it. They have great customer service. Also they will send you the "0" rings or used to free of charge. I do change batteries yearly. Very simple.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I have the A1A and it has worked well for several years. Don't forget to register your warranty. That gets you into the battery replacement program where they send you new batteries and o-rings for your sensors every year for $5 in shipping. I have not replaced the valve stems on the toad with the metal ones yet. They are pretty short and seem quite sturdy. Have gone about 12,000 miles with no leaks or problems from the toad. I do have the Borg metal valve stems on the MH. I got a few "No sensor" alarms at first, but moving repeater from basement compartment to under the bed solved that problem.

Lost one sensor to what I think was a rock kicked up from the road, but the only thing damaged was the sensor. No marks on wheel or toad so I guess I will never know. Did not leak, just quit reporting to the receiver.

Have receiver mounted on dash and have never had a problem reading the display, even in bright sunlight.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this Careud 903 off eBay comes from china and have had it for around a year and 8or 9k miles and it still works. I use it with a repeater and it seams to work good. less than 100.00 and it comes either external or internal mine are external.
Jay

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses!

I stopped by my local tire shop yesterday. They recommend metal, bolt-in valve stems and will install.
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I've been pleased with the TST kit. It has color monitor and you will need metal valve stems. Set up instructions were confusing to me but that may not mean much:h.https://tsttruck.com/507-series-4-rv-cap-sensor-tpms-system-with-color-display.html

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have the EEZTire-TPMS and it works fine but the reason I mention it is because it comes without a color monitor. Whatever you buy, get one WITH the color monitor. Mine isn't and when it's bright and sunny out, I can't read the monitor. I have to have my wife tell me what the sensors are reporting.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.