cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spending winter in RV

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
This might be an old video, but has some good tips. I forgot how to make a clicky

http://rvacrossamerica.net/spending-an-entire-winter-in-a-rv-in-the-rocky-mountains/
8 REPLIES 8

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Did the video mention why anyone would be foolish enuf to spend the winter in the Rocky Mountains? Insane.

Some folks live there! We lived in our RV, at our homesite, while we were building. Two winters in Wyoming.....seeing numerous -20 F and a few -30 F. With the right RV and a little winter preparation......not a big deal!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
He is a ski instructor and lives near the slopes in his RV.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
Did the video mention why anyone would be foolish enuf to spend the winter in the Rocky Mountains? Insane.

Maybe a snow skier? IDK, I didn't watch the video

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't see a video... but I'm on my phone right now, maybe my security blocked it.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
GordonThree wrote:
Seems like good info. Not for the faint of heart doing battle with old man winter.

One issue I have, None of his pictures show or text talk about skirting around the RV. Maybe he moves a lot, but I'd argue skirting is a must have for the temperatures he mentioned.

Huh? That's about the first thing he mentions in the video.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like good info. Not for the faint of heart doing battle with old man winter.

One issue I have, None of his pictures show or text talk about skirting around the RV. Maybe he moves a lot, but I'd argue skirting is a must have for the temperatures he mentioned.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III