cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Shaw Direct Question

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still on Vancouver Island and have re-hooked up to Shaw Direct today for our trip to Arizona. Looking through the channels where I use to get HD channels down south are no longer there.

So I'm wondering if anyone down south are receiving any channels in HD?
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires
13 REPLIES 13

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Quartzsite right now and am happy to say that there are still a lot of channels in HD. Lots of Canadian channels and all of the American prime time channels are still in HD as are the sports channels that I watch.
I'm a happy camper.
Lenny and Ros
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

CardinalRule
Explorer
Explorer
almcc wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:
Lenny K wrote:
Joe if I remember right you are in Mesa. Are you still getting the prime time channels in HD?

You will not get the Canadian Network channels in HD. We are in Arizona and have not gotten them for several years. They were moved to the new bird whose footprint does not extent much south of the border.
You will not get most US Network programming in HD as they default to the Canadian channels if the same program is shown on both.

Not quite accurate.

We are in Tucson right now and listening to Canadian radio on Shaw. I just tuned to CTV Toronto in HD ( channel 534, you may have different channel mapping), CBC Toronto next to it at 533 is also in HD, both must be on one of the older sats.

Yes there are a couple of the toronto channels still in hd but donโ€™t dilude yourself - just about all of them are gone once you cross the border. Btw there are 2 guide configs available. The original guide and a new one with rearranged channels.
Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

2016 Acura MDX (No More Truck ๐Ÿ˜ž )
Perminent on site 05 Cardinal 36TS

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, thinking about the different experiences with Shaw down here, it could be that folks in different provinces have different channel options because of their location. For example, if I want to see BC stations, I may have to subscribe, probably at additional cost. Maybe that's why some folks can't see some of the HD channels on the old sats unless they subscribe to the province that these channels show up on.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
CardinalRule wrote:
Lenny K wrote:
Joe if I remember right you are in Mesa. Are you still getting the prime time channels in HD?

You will not get the Canadian Network channels in HD. We are in Arizona and have not gotten them for several years. They were moved to the new bird whose footprint does not extent much south of the border.
You will not get most US Network programming in HD as they default to the Canadian channels if the same program is shown on both.

Not quite accurate.

We are in Tucson right now and listening to Canadian radio on Shaw. I just tuned to CTV Toronto in HD ( channel 534, you may have different channel mapping), CBC Toronto next to it at 533 is also in HD, both must be on one of the older sats.

CardinalRule
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:

Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

2016 Acura MDX (No More Truck ๐Ÿ˜ž )
Perminent on site 05 Cardinal 36TS

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm still at home. Heading to FL in 3 weeks. Mesa and TX was last year.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny and Ros

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
A1B00902 wrote:
Shaw has been moving all HD channels to their new third Satelite, so expect all HD to go the way of BEL
Not ALL.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. That makes me happy. I'll be in Quartzsite next Friday.
Lenny and Ros

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:
Are Sportnet and TSN still on HD? Got to see my Canucks games.

Yes. Watching here in Casa Grande, AZ

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Are Sportnet and TSN still on HD? Got to see my Canucks games.
Lenny and Ros

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We are presently in west Texas. We still get some HD channels (for example CTV Toronto) and for other channels that we watch we have to go to the SD channels to get them. Some of the eastern Canada stations are on HD at the lower channel numbers as well.

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw has been moving all HD channels to their new third Satelite, so expect all HD to go the way of BEL