Did you mean:ย 

As RVs regain popularity, younger fans rent their joyride

Community Alumni
Not applicable
5 REPLIES 5

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know someone who rented a Class A for family vacation. Well family was like 10 adults and 7-8 children. They drove from MI to FL for a week near Disney. No one had ever driven a larger vehicle before and bragged about how fast they drove and how soon they were able to arrive by changing driver along the way. That whole thing is scary --- too many people, too much weight, inexperienced speeding drivers -- would never rent my motorhome when this is the type of renter you most likely will get. Someone in a hurry to get somewhere and back home.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I think that is the intelligent thing to do. No storage, maintenance or large capital outlay. Most rv's set unused most of the year and you keep paying the expense. I highly recommend renting before a newbie purchases a RV to find out if you enjoy the lifestyle.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
I had a winnie back in the 70,s it was rented out most summers ,never had a bad renter. I would not rent my rig out with the standards of todays people.

Understandable.

I can see an advantage in as much as the spotty workmanship in today's RV's makes renting and trying out a worthwhile investment. Painless way to weed out the substandard from the good ones.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a winnie back in the 70,s it was rented out most summers ,never had a bad renter. I would not rent my rig out with the standards of todays people.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nice article. This gives folks an opportunity to try the RV-ing lifestyle without having to actually purchase one costing more than a house. I think this is great. However, the idea of renting an RV is not new. Cruise America has been doing it for a long time. Maybe Cruise America need to change the graphics on the side of their "C's" so they'll be more attractive?? Instead of painting images of Mount Rushmore, maybe they should paint images of Star Wars or something to make them look more appealing to today's new market? And they can also attach one of those collapsible auto roof tents on top too.

It's nice to see another RV business succeeding! We need more reports of success!