cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NYC to florida

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
Heading south for the winter. Leaving NYC beginning of January. We were thinking about 95 down but worried about propane and the tunnels by DC. Any advice?
5 REPLIES 5

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
95 is not that bad, just take your time and try not to travel during rush hour. Take the Scott Key bridge to go around Baltimore and the belt way around DC.
From NYC it is a straight shot south, that being said you have to watch the weather in January.

Depending on the weather, i would watch 81 in January...

I travel a lot between our offices in Eastern PA, and Richmond VA...

On MOST cases, I find it much easier, and faster to stay on 95, go around Baltimore on 695 ( Key Bridge ) right down threw DC and around Richmond on 295..

If your aware of issues, you could hop off 95 in DE onto 896 to 30-50 -301 back on 95 just North of Doswell, Kings Dominion area of VA..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
blknomad wrote:
I would not go through DC and Richmond. Take I-81 south to Roanoke Va then 220 south to Rockingham NC then up 74 to 38 south to Florence SC and I-95 south. Be sure to have enough fuel to get you through NC as they have a 30 cent tax. Plenty of everything on that route.

I just made this same route coming from Hershey PA two weeks ago, much better ride than I95. Highly recommend it. Quicker coming home this way than going north on I95 was.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I would not go through DC and Richmond. Take I-81 south to Roanoke Va then 220 south to Rockingham NC then up 74 to 38 south to Florence SC and I-95 south. Be sure to have enough fuel to get you through NC as they have a 30 cent tax. Plenty of everything on that route.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ceasare wrote:
Heading south for the winter. Leaving NYC beginning of January. We were thinking about 95 down but worried about propane and the tunnels by DC. Any advice?

Old post using the Eastern Shore of MD, LINK

Best of Luck
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach