cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

yuma or bust

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we are looking for a no frills CG do to budget restraints, to stay the winter. Ideally we would like to be near Planet Fitness and the mall, or route 95 and rt 8 (E. 6 st). We are seniors and concerned with safety, so we don't want to be in the worse part of town and don't need all of the bells and whistles of a full fledged resort. Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at a rental lot in the foothills for $300 per month, that was the going rate a few years ago.

Fortuna de Oro RV park in the foothills is quite reasonable according to the locals we met there and there is good amenities there.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we should have mentioned that our inquiry was for winter of 2019. Presently, we are bedded down in McAllen, Tx. Thanks for all the help.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
cruiserjs wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Seems late in the year to be scouting winter quarters.

Very helpful (not) run of the mouth!!

It is late to be trying to get for the winter. A week or two, you might be able to find, but Jan-March are usually booked up at the end of the season the YEAR BEFORE. Now there will always be some people who have died during the summer and won't be coming back, but you really have to just keep calling and hope there are cancellations. Agree that the foothills area might be the best solution.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many parks along the I-8, N Frontage and S. Frontage Rds. Of course amenities vary. Beware of the parks along N. Frontage Rd. as a lot of folks complain about the Union Pacific RR. This is our 15th year in the Yuma area. The parks "downtown" tend to have very small spaces as they have some age to them. And like another poster stated, there are hundreds of private lots available here in the Foothills. Please PM me if I can be of more help!

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

Very helpful (not) run of the mouth!!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if it where me I would look at the lots in the foot hills and call to rent them