Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wintrerizing help!-Coachmen Leprechaun 319 mb FW tank

Bren53
Explorer
Explorer
Well that didn't work!
Ok we went to winterize MH and still not doing something right! We connected hose and flipped up to winterize, I opened faucet and turned pump on but it didn't suck any antifreeze into the lines. We've never had so much trouble trying to winterize a MH! What are we missing? I'm trying to upload a picture but not sure this will work

2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 319 mb. We finally found the low water drains and have lines all drained. Our problem is we still have around 2 inches of water in the FW tank we can't seem to find a way to drain it completely! So far dealer was no help at telling me if there was another drain to complete this. I've called Coachman 4 times and still haven't heard back. I have a hard time believing that this water has no way of being drained out. I know we can put the pink antifreeze in an all will be fine but still...
Anyone out there have this class c that can walk me through draining all the water out of FW tank?
Thanks
Bren53
5 REPLIES 5

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is a 311FS, but I assume yours also has the water tank under the bed but over the floor. If that is the case, I would not be that concerned about the water. I will be more concerned about the lines and making sure there is pink stuff in them.

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Bren53 wrote:
Well that didn't work!
Ok we went to winterize MH and still not doing something right! We connected hose and flipped up to winterize, I opened faucet and turned pump on but it didn't suck any antifreeze into the lines. We've never had so much trouble trying to winterize a MH! What are we missing? I'm trying to upload a picture but not sure this will work

2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 319 mb. We finally found the low water drains and have lines all drained. Our problem is we still have around 2 inches of water in the FW tank we can't seem to find a way to drain it completely! So far dealer was no help at telling me if there was another drain to complete this. I've called Coachman 4 times and still haven't heard back. I have a hard time believing that this water has no way of being drained out. I know we can put the pink antifreeze in an all will be fine but still...
Anyone out there have this class c that can walk me through draining all the water out of FW tank?
Thanks

We also have a 2019 Leprechaun 319 MB.There is a shutoff valve in the line where the freshwater comes out of the tank. Once you shut that valve the pump will pull antifreeze from connection on the outside.

Bren53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Navegator and DrewE, I'm guessing it will be ok as we already have it parked in the shed. No room to move it around till Spring now! We are going to go ahead and finish winterizing. We've never had a motorhome that was so hard to find all the drain valves as this one! Not sure why they made it so complicated with the 2 panels that has to be removed.
Bren53

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Does the pump get that last couple inches out? If not, that seems like a lot of unusable water to always have to cart around.

Angling the RV as navegator suggests is a good plan. Having a bit of water in the bottom of the tank won't cause any problems even if it freezes; there's plenty of room to expand above, and the tanks are somewhat pliable anyhow. I would not dump a bunch of antifreeze in the tank just because of a little leftover water.

(My 1998 Coachmen Santara has a separate tank drain valve, clearly labeled and near all the other valves that are consolidated onto a sort of water control panel.)

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Look at where the lowest outlet tube is and tilt the RV with either a jack or a ramp made of wood so that as much water will drain out, thats what I do lean the RV to the side and drain, not all the water will be drained since the outlet tube is a little higer than the bottom of the tank.

navegator